Search Unity

2 problems i have with unity

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by the7thguest, Mar 24, 2008.

1. the7thguest

the7thguest

2 problems i have with unity i hope somebody help me with

i made the character in 3d max and when i import in to unity the follwoing happens
    when the character walk in unity the pivot point is left behind the character so it is not going to move and rotate correctly.

2- i have to scale my model x50 in unity to match the made terrian in unity, for example i made a building 10 mrs long in max, put when i import it into unity i have to scale it 49 times to be 10 ms

2. half_voxel

half_voxel

Yea, that with the scaling, it's just the different programs have different units, I usualy scale my objects 300 times to make them fit in (using blender), but my game is a bit overscaled. In the .fbx exporter (in blender) you can scale them before you export them so i don't need to scale them in unity.

3. half_voxel

half_voxel

oh and try make the script that moves the player to be attached to the parent of the gameObject you are using now.

4. the7thguest

the7thguest

sturestone: thnaks
    for the scaling issue i ll see it in fbx exporter in max
    for the pivot issue, i dont know how to work with unity (the porgrammer is dealing with it) what i made is attaching the pivot to the parent in max not in unity would it make any difference?

5. half_voxel

half_voxel

mm i have not worked in max so... but in unity and scripting i think this is the problem. you have the game objects like this.

_root
    <player < Script
    <player_mesh

the script tells the player_mesh to move and therefore the player gameobject will not be moved. Set the script to move the player gameobject and then it will work (i think)