Search Unity

2 minor bugs with Ubuntu Unity

Discussion in 'Linux' started by A_Savvidis, Mar 30, 2020.

1. A_Savvidis

A_Savvidis

I just pulled a fresh Ubuntu 18.04 just to make sure I got the supported OS (but I see my self deleting in it the next hour for good old Linux mint).

Bug-1: After I lunched the hub I could not import any of my backed projects. I overcame this :
    1. Start a new project
    2. close it
    3. Now add another previous project works
    Bug-2:
    Unity 'Preferences > External Tools > Android JDK' path is not set. Falling back to JAVA_HOME environment variable.
    UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
    GoogleARCoreInternal.CloudAnchorPreprocessBuild:_PreprocessAndroidBuild() (at Assets/GoogleARCore/SDK/Scripts/Editor/CloudAnchorPreprocessBuild.cs:55)
    GoogleARCoreInternal.CloudAnchorPreprocessBuild:OnPreprocessBuild(BuildTarget, String) (at Assets/GoogleARCore/SDK/Scripts/Editor/CloudAnchorPreprocessBuild.cs:41)
    GoogleARCoreInternal.PreprocessBuildBase:OnPreprocessBuild(BuildReport) (at Assets/GoogleARCore/SDK/Scripts/Editor/PreprocessBuildBase.cs:52)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr) (at /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:187)

I don't get it. The path is perfectly fine. I can see it in the preferences grayed out but as it should be in the playbackengines of it's version and also the info box bellow saying the usual "JDK Installed with Unity is based on OpenJDK 1.8.0_152

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi,

What version of the Hub are you using? The one proposed in the app store or the appimage you can find here?

I use the appimage on Linux Mint because the one proposed in the app store is broken. This for bug #1; I have no idea about bug #2. :)

On a side not, didn't I read somewhere that you wanted to use Mint? It's very stable. ;)

3. A_Savvidis

A_Savvidis

I used the appimage

I WAS on ubuntu for those tests. I couldn't handle it no more and my system was dragging. Now I am back with mint and I still didn't had the time to do tests but it seems more stable and sure is faster.