Search Unity

2.6 Webplayer public preview

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Samantha, Sep 30, 2009.

1. monark

monark

So the deafening silence on this is starting to worry me. I'm assuming (perhaps wrongly) that 2.6 will be released at Unite but does that mean the bugs haven't been fixed or we just aren't going to get a chance to do any more testing against the fixes. Frankly I stopped testing after finding two big errors and would really like to know that there is nothing else wrong before 2.6 is forced upon our users.

2. Pia

Pia

The new plugin crashes my browser with both Firefox 3.5.3 and Internet Explorer 8. My OS is Windows XP x64 Professional.

I tried the following webplayer: http://beta.funfastfantastic.de (you need an account to play the game, but its free)

I had no problems with the old 2.5.1 plugin. Additionally, I cannot revert to the older, working plugin. I uninstalled the Unity webplayer plugin using 'Remove software' in the control panel of windows, but when I try to download the old webplayer plugin, it always gets me the new buggy 2.6 version.

Is the 2.6 already officially released? Because the following file installs version 2.6.0f7_29850 instead of 2.5.1 http://webplayer.unity3d.com/download_webplayer-2.x/UnityWebPlayer.exe

3. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

I am trying to reproduce this issue but i can't figure out how to create an account. The page before any unity content shows is black with only a text box for entering the account name. Can you post an account name we can use for testing?

4. hector78

hector78

I have a weird problem in Vista, only with Internet Explorer.

The webplayer doesn't respond to mouse actions. Keyboard input works, and GUI Buttons too, but it ignores any other mouse input.

It happens on every file. If you want to check one, http://www.tetravol.com/tetravol/clients/cabin/

The buttons work, but the orbit and zoom doesn't.

5. acecel

acecel

Hello

It look like the current webplayer download link http://webplayer.unity3d.com/download_webplayer-2.x/UnityWebPlayer.exe point to the new 2.6 version.

But we would like to be independant from unity updates (simply to be able to test and fix bugs before)

Do unity updater will force our client to update to 2.6?
    And where can i find a link to old webplayer (we have the 2.5 .exe but not the .dmg) ?

Thanks

6. monark

monark

Surely that's not the one that new users get, it's got major bugs in it still. Everytime I resize my web player unity crashes. Surely there would have been an announcement if that had been released???

7. acecel

acecel

Just download from the link above and you will see the version is "2.6.0.29850" :oops:

8. monark

monark

OMG it's true, I just tried it on our test machine and 2.6 is installed when you try and use unity content. What heck is going on here, how can they release the player when it has such serious bugs in it???

9. Deleted User

Deleted User

Perhaps it's the same problem I reported:

http://intra.unity3d.com/fogbugz/default.asp?253427_og3g870c

where I'm not getting usable Input.GetAxis values on IE on Vista (but I have this problem with the current player - I don't know about 2.6). I found locking the mouse cursor seems to work around the problem.

10. carllooper

carllooper

This won't be any consolation but thought I should say it anyway:

New player works on my box:

Microsoft Windows XP Pro
    Version 2002 Service Pack 3
    Intel Core 2 Duo CPU (32 bit)

Carl

11. Veli

Veli

Well they haven't released it ;) Your taking part in testing it before release ;)

12. monark

monark

No I'm not, that's what I saying I just tried it on our test machine, all I did was go to our unity content and it automatically installed 2.6. I didn't use the special link from this forum.

13. MrJoy

MrJoy

Barring relatively minor audio quirks the games appear to function correctly under 2.6.0f7.

-JF

14. dvdbrwn112

dvdbrwn112

I am david and I am new user to this forum.I like Unity3D. I like to play the games so much.
    Unity 3D's graphic is really awesome. I am using windows XP operating syatems and it is working great.
    Unity's first impression is really great to me.

15. kenc

kenc

I'm getting the same issues with IE on Vista...