Search Unity

Feedback 2.5D Side scroller looking for feedback

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by slkjdfv, May 31, 2020.

1. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

This is a project I'm currently working on and wanted to show of my progress so far. Its still in the early stages and there's not much to do in it yet but It's a 2.5D side scroller beat em' up style game. I designed a custom sprite animator for the game as I didn't like Unity's built-in one. Your character uses up stamina for all of his actions and uses more the faster he runs. You're characters velocity also effects the damage done to objects and enemies. I'm hoping to have some enemies done by next week, we'll see how that goes. Sorry the video has no audio.

ARLTB likes this.
  2. ARLTB

ARLTB

I like it so far. I think i'd like to play it. Those stamina, and velocity damage things sound fun. I also like how it looks when you jump. Even though you can walk up and down you can still clearly tell when you're jumping. It looks good. And the camera following and positioning also seems well thought out and. But I don't know if I actually know a lot about that kinda stuff. Just my opinions.

3. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

Update time!!! Sorry it took a couple weeks. So the new features I added were currency so you can buy food and Items from shops, I also made it so you can go into shops and sewers now, I plan on making some buildings enter-able as well. My plan was to work on the enemies but so far I just got their sprites mostly done, and I felt that this stuff was slightly more important at the moment. When you break open an ATM they spit out coins and their value is randomized when picked up.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    ARLTB likes this.