Search Unity

2.5D Platformer Engine

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by EduardasFunka, Oct 3, 2017.

1. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Bhanshee00 likes this.
  2. uni7y

uni7y

I love this asset very much! I was wondering if you will add some cool features in time, or do you plan to make a roadmap?

3. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Thanks!

Ranger and mage classes will come later. Will see if people like it will add more features. depends on the market :)

Bhanshee00 and uni7y like this.
  4. zenGarden

zenGarden

Another nice plugin :)

I got some mobile game idea that could use it.

Will it include some castelvania like features :
    - aerial flying ennemies that can patrol between walls or waypoints
    - aerial ennemies not colliding with level geometry fly to opposite direction until disappear (flying bats in castelvania)
    - ranged ennemies (static or patrolling) with fireballs
    - traps and danger zones (damage per second)
    - water swim
    - Climb ladders or ivy

It is modular ? How difficult it is to combine it with our own ennemies and scripts ?
    How difficult to combine it with our own weapons system and scripts ? (Rpg with lot of weapons type looting)

Bhanshee00 likes this.
  5. Kale

Kale

Is this still in development or are you guys concentrating on the third person cover asset now?

6. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

@Kale its 90% Third person we do work a little on 2.5d. We a have ranged character but its not polished how we like it. Once we polish it I push it to the store.

7. Sadanand626

Sadanand626

Hey, just purchased the asset yesterday and it's really interesting so far. Just a couple of basic questions:
    1. How can I get this to work with an Xbox controller? As of now, only keyboard inputs seem to work.
    2. I'm having issues with my character disappearing whenever he makes contact with the rope. The animations for rope climbing only seem to work with your included boy hero character. Thanks in advance for your help.

johnnyjacques likes this.
  8. jrackley

jrackley

Will shooter (projectile) weapons ever be added to this asset, or is it a completely dead project now? You stated you have a ranged character but it has never been added to the asset, is there any way to get ahold of said character? It is a shame to see such an awesome asset going the way of being abandoned. Thank you in advance for any response to this message.

9. Cosmas

Cosmas

The character controller motions seem to be very jerky, almost as if the physics configurations are not correct. Curious if this will be revised for 2019.x versions.

I'm also trying to integrate this with FinalIK and I'm having a terrible time trying to get it to work.

10. johnnyjacques

johnnyjacques

Did you purchase the controller? If so I can provide you with a script for ranged weapons

11. johnnyjacques

johnnyjacques

You have to create a separate script to overwrite the input ( I can help you if needed ). AS far as climbing goes is your character's game object scaled and not set to the original size? as that can throw off the script. I would suggest doing any scaling to the actual FBX.

12. johnnyjacques

johnnyjacques

You sure it's not the Camera motion? Are you using this on mobile or desktop?