Search Unity

2.5D Platform Shooter

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Jexreffy, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Jexreffy

Jexreffy

Hi, I could use some practical advice on a game I'm working on.

I've been working on a 2.5D Platform Shooter in the Unity Engine. I've got most of the code written and working on ironing out some bugs before I start mass producing levels. My goal originally was to release the game on the iOS App Store, but recently I've been flip-flopping over the best strategy for making money off of my game.

Here are the features that I've implemented in the game:
    - Customize your weapons by combining Weapon Types (Bullet, Sword, Beam, YoYo, Orbiter, etc.) with Weapon Elements (Neutral, Wood, Water, Fire, etc.)
    - Customize your stats with equippable chips (Max Health, Max Weapon Energy, Run Speed, Jump Height, etc.)
    - Customize which Suit (named ExoSuit) you wear which determines your base stats and how many weapons and chips you can equip
    - Completing stages earns you medals that you can use to purchase weapons, chips and suits.
    - Eventually want to add in a multiplayer mode that essentially is a boss fight between two players.
    - Contains Episodes of 4 Story Levels and an yet-to-be-determine amount of Challenge Levels based on the Story Levels with a new Episode every 3-6 Months, thus allowing you to maintain progress and not lose the stuff you've acquired in previous Episodes.

What I'm currently debating is how to properly monetize the game. I'm debating between:
    - Selling it for a one-time fee
    - Making the game free-to-play with the option to purchase medals for the game
    - In-game ads

Also, while I have all the plugins I need for iOS, I'm thinking about if it's worth it to wait to have it ready for other platforms and release to all platforms at the same time.

I don't have any videos yet, but if you go to my Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/jexreffy I have some early screenshots public to look at.

Any help anyone can offer would be fantastic. Thanks.

2. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

Can't you post the images on the forums?

3. Jexreffy

Jexreffy

Let me see if this works....

4. Jexreffy

Jexreffy

Sorry, my bad, didn't realize the facebook links would work, here's more screenshots.

5. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

OMG I love it! Now finish! ;)