Search Unity

2.5d doom like rendering concept- need help with programing

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by shogunstudios, Feb 4, 2017.

1. shogunstudios

shogunstudios

Below I have 3 images of a rendering concept for those who would like to make a doom or elder scrolls game.

Figure 1
    The arrows point the forward direction sprite is facing. you can see I have smaller pointers that extrude from the circles. The Idea Is that each point that is more in line with the player character will render what particular sprite view for the render.

Figure 2
    A plane representing the sprite Always facing the player. With mods like brutal doom that make headshots possibe. My idea was to have colliders that could trigger different events depending on what user decides.

Figure 3
    Just showing more of the pointer system I thought of.

I'm sure someones come up with something similar already. I probably just do not know the terminology for what I'm trying to do here.

Next question is how do I program this. I wasn't understanding much with the tutorials I been seeing. Have yet to see a video on the billboard direction method. To Me this seems more straightforward.

Also I have playmaker. so assistance in creating this would that would be wonderful.
    fig 1.png fig 2.png fig 3.png

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017