Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

2.0.0 Preview 15 Issue: "Sorry, something went wrong."

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by BitAssembler, May 30, 2019.

1. BitAssembler

BitAssembler

After upgrading from 1.2.16 to Collab 2.0.0 preview 15, the interface keeps stating: "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later". The system seems dead then.

Is this a known issue when updating? Is the new version updatable from the legacy system at all? Anybody else experiencing this one?

Thanks!

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @BitAssembler, have you tried restarting Unity after updating to Collab 2.0.0 preview 15? Collab requires a restart when updating from 1.2 to 2.0 to ensure that the backend has initialized properly. Otherwise, you can run into startup issues like the ones you're seeing now. Let me know if that gets your Collab toolbar working again.

3. BitAssembler

BitAssembler

Thanks for the quick reply. Steps that have already be done:
    • Restarted Unity
    • Relogged in
    • Deleted Collab files
    • Reimported package
    It shows the green tick, then the error message again. Changes are not reflected either.

The project is quite large. Should we fallback and wait with updating? What do you recommend?

Thanks again!

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Thank you for telling me everything that you've tried already. With Collab 2.0, local changes are no longer picked up automatically. Now you need to use the Rescan button in the Collab Toolbar to pick up any changes. That could explain why you're not seeing your changes reflected accurately.

We need some more info to help us determine where exactly the issue is. Collab has an extra logging command line option that will output more Collab-related logging in the Editor.log, -enableCollabEventLogs. If you're ok with sharing with me your Editor logs, then run the Editor with that command line argument and try to use the Collab Toolbar before sharing with me your logs in a DM. (Your logs will contain identifiable information, like your project's UPID, that would be best kept off of the public forums)

5. BitAssembler

BitAssembler

Thanks. That's the point, the changes get not reflected after scanning the project. Also, the console also outputs the following exception from time to time:

Code (CSharp):
    1. CollabProxyException: the index is locked; this might be due to a concurrent or crashed process
    2. UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    I'll drop you the editor log in a PM.

6. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Hi there!

Same issue:

Could you please elaborate on how did you solve it?

[EDIT] Nevermind, I simply had to delete the lock file in the .collab dir.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    Ryan-Unity likes this.