Search Unity

19.1f1 On Macos

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by ChaosMage, Apr 11, 2019.

1. ChaosMage

ChaosMage

With editor Metal support turned on the Shader Graph window is extremely slow. Without Metal in editor the Blackboard and Preview windows are black and empty. Is there a fix for this?

2. alexandral_unity

alexandral_unity

Unity Technologies

Peter77 likes this.
  3. enhawk

enhawk

@alexandral_unity

I'm getting the same issue, however it seems the sphere preview is zoomed in somehow?

If you ramp up an effect like fresnal it comes in from the sides.

Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 13.17.58.png Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 13.18.08.png

4. alexandral_unity

alexandral_unity

Unity Technologies

@hawken Like I said, please report bugs through the official Unity bug reporter, otherwise we have no good way of tracking it and actually fixing the issue. :)

5. caspr_

caspr_

@Derkon @hawken did you report this as a bug? I experience the same thing even though I have had no problems with shader graph editing in the past.

How to reproduce:
    - Open Unity Hub
    - Create new project using Unity 2018.3.12f1, 2019.1.0f2 or 2019.2.0a11 (I experience the same in all 3 when testing now)
    - Use the Lightweight RP template for the project
    - In the SampleScene open ExampleAssets > Shaders > Paint1G_WAnim_Shader
    - The Shader Graph editor window is highly unresponsive and my Mac is almost constantly showing the 'spinning beach ball' icon
    - Close the Shader Graph window (takes patience because of unresponsiveness)
    - Create a new PBR based shader and open in Shader Graph editor window
    - Same unresponsiveness
    - Close window
    - Go to the Project Settings and disable 'Metal Editor Support'
    - Restart the Editor
    - Open the same shader in the Shader Graph window and it is now highly responsive as expected
    - However, blackboard and preview windows are now missing

I use a Macbook Pro 2018 model with 32 GB of memory and a Radeon Pro 560X card.

6. enhawk

enhawk

@caspr_ I have a similar PC to you, however I don't think it's the version of unity, it's the version of the shader graph in packages.

As advised, bug reports are our friend here :)