Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only.

Please, do not make any changes to your username or email addresses at id.unity.com during this transition time.

It's still possible to reply to existing private message conversations during the migration, but any new replies you post will be missing after the main migration is complete. We'll do our best to migrate these messages in a follow-up step.

On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live.

Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by JBoy, Feb 11, 2013.

1. JBoy

JBoy

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  2. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

Looks good, the tiling is really annoying, try fix that. Also, did you do the 3d modelling yourself? Needs some work on the lighting, perhaps bake some AO and use normal maps to add detail. Just a few suggestions though.I'm curious as to if you did this all on your own? The models, the textures and such.

Goodluck
    Khelton

3. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

Well then, improve the lighting. No excuse, if it's not done don't advertise it as so. I do see it's in WIP but I'm sure if you said the map is still being worked on I'd be more understanding. Unity free supports normal maps as well as Pro. Look into shading and lighting man. I'll link it below, but again just want to say you need to improve shading, lighting and textures in some places.

http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/Manual/HOWTO-bumpmap.html

4. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

Mis-read there. It is a work in progress so of course it's no big deal when something is 100% complete. And where did you say it was only 10% done? Do you have some sort of indicator as to how much progress is made?

5. RyanZimmerman87

RyanZimmerman87

Looks really good! I would love to see a demo video when you are ready. I am also working on a zombie type game for PC, but I am not that great with the art so my art style kind of resembles a cartoon right now hehe. But yours looks a lot more realistic I really like it. Gonna bookmark this page so I can check it out later.

6. fano_linux

fano_linux

i like the environment... good job

7. _RC

_RC

Do you use a satelite photo for the ground texture? It looks way too low in resolution (also the lightmap res on the ground).
    And it seems like most of the objects just have a "plain" texture on them without any details.

8. brilliantgames

brilliantgames

Hey this looks great. I have a suggestion for normal maps. Bake the shadows as dark as you can make them, then place a few other directional lights in the scene with the intensity low. Not only will the other directional lights bring out the normal maps, but if you place them cleverly, you can achieve a sort of global illumination effect.

Hint: Create a directional light pointing upwards, that is the same colour as the pavement(Make sure its fairly low intensity).