Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

15fps on Android 9, 60fps on Android 8.

Discussion in '2019.1 Beta' started by michaelseanmccarthy, Apr 9, 2019.

1. michaelseanmccarthy

michaelseanmccarthy

We upgraded to Beta 2019.1 and simultaneously Android released Pie. Not sure what might be causing this problem, but here it is:

* We build our APK and we have added a FPS counter.
    * I install on my google pixel c (Android 8) and I get 60fps.
    * I install on my S9 Note (Android 9) and I get 15fps. Not "low fps", it's somehow locked at 15 fps.

I used to get 60fps on my phone until I upgraded to Pie.

Any clues? We've tried to force FPS and vsync via script. No avail. If I build a fresh game project and build to my phone, 60fps no problem.

2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

If you build your game with an earlier version than 2019.1, does it run faster?

If 2019.1 runs slower than 2018.x, then you probably found a regression. In this case, please submit a bug-report as described in this document:
    https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

It's important that you report these issues together with a reproduction project if you want them to get fixed. If you don't do it, it might be a long time until someone else reports them or until Unity Technologies find them.

After you submitted the bug-report, you receive a confirmation email with a bug-report Case number. You can post the Case number (number only, not the link) in this forum thread for Unity staff to pick up, in case they see it.

3. michaelseanmccarthy

michaelseanmccarthy

It's not running slower, just to be clear, its FPS is locked at 15 when it used to be 60. I'm not sure it's a bug and I'm wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them.

LOSTSOUL86 likes this.
  4. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Could you please submit a bug report with a reproduction project attached and reply in here with the issue ID? Sounds like something went wrong during the upgrade.