Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] ✨ ScreenFx - timeline tacks for visual effects creation ˚. ✦.˳·˖✶ ⋆

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NullTale, Jan 31, 2024.

1. NullTale

NullTale

Timeline tracks to simplify creation and control of popular visual effects ✨

---------------------------------------------- -- - - - -
    AssetStore | Demo | Documentation
    ---------------------------------- -- -- - - - - - -​

Video demonstration

Screens
    All tracks support blending and have advanced technical parameters, to expand their applications and adjust parameters.

* automated management of screen overlays, it can be sprite, screen shot or solid color

* camera movements, noise, relative moves, perspective and ortho offsets

* post processing with blending (in practice has vast applications)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2024
    Mark_01 likes this.
  2. miniyume

miniyume

hello. I discovered the asset while looking for a timeline-based visual effects tool for my game.
    There is no way to know from the documentation, but I have a few questions.
    1. Can I add my own customized tracks?
    2. Are both editor mode and play mode supported?

3. NullTale

NullTale

Existing tracks are essentially customized tracks implemented for the timeline. If the question is whether there is a generic class for track implementation, no, there isn't. It's just tracks to simplify the creation of effects.(btf ihard to imagine how it could be)

All tracks work in both the editor and runtime, except for the sprite screenshot functionality for the screen track they work only in runtime. (camera controlled via cinemachine extension and uses their noise profiles)

On the documentation I agree it should be clearer and show everything that is in the asset, it was made with an eye on the fact that the asset can be touched in the editor. Need to do a list...