Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

14 year old game dev here! Try The Box

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by bennett_apps, Nov 27, 2018.

1. bennett_apps

bennett_apps

Hello all! Today I would like to share a project I created with my younger brother called The Box. It's free, it's on Google Play and the Apple App Store, please try it out today and let us know what you think!

2. bennett_apps

bennett_apps

iPhone1.png

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  3. changsaobien

changsaobien

Hmmm, you got mistake when upload prototype to ch play?! :D just kidding, surround boxes you should paint some colors, it help improve visuality... consider add effect when player touch coin, about controls, I found it's really hard to tap and move forward, you can think about alternative way, when player move close enough wall, player can climb up box, my opinion, you may listen some feedback from someone, tweak gameplay, graphics for a perfect product, good luck!

4. bennett_apps

bennett_apps

Thanks for the advice! Not sure what you mean by "paint some colors"...you can change the look and color of the boxes in the store if that's what your looking for.
    I never even thought about some of your ideas such as coin effect...like a particle system or something. Good one!
    Controls are sure to be redone with version 1.1 (coming soon!), they need to be rather badly.

5. the_0dium

the_0dium

Controls definitely should be redone. IMO it would be better if character rotated immediately without a delay. Also might be a good idea to show controls on screen and separate screen in half so that you move only swiping in left half of the screen and jump tapping on the right half. I often end up jumping accidentally when trying to move.

Visually it looks empty. Would be nice if game had it's own visual style. Unlockable tiles make everything hard to see. White rectangular buttons look boring.

After you fix these things it might get playable. Keep up working on it:)

bennett_apps likes this.
  6. bennett_apps

bennett_apps

@the_0dium Thanks so much for your feedback!

All makes sense. I will work on this.

LOL that's what happens when programmers make games :D I'll see what we can do.

7. the_0dium

the_0dium

"I know that feel bro"

bennett_apps likes this.
  8. bennett_apps

bennett_apps

upload_2018-12-14_13-2-15.png
    Super busy working on an update for The Box, should be ready to release soon :D Thanks everyone for providing feedback for the game!

9. bennett_apps

bennett_apps

Alright! v1.1 is now live on Google Play! Check it out and let us know what you think. Not out yet for apple, but should be live within next couple days as well.

10. bennett_apps

bennett_apps

Just submitted to apple for approval last night! Expecting they will release within a few days :D

11. bennett_apps

bennett_apps

Alright, the update is released to apple now, so excited! Try it out and tell us what you think! Link to app store and play store at the top of this thread.