Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

14+ hours after it's been announced, Unity 2019.3.0 Alpha 12 is still not available in Unity Hub.

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by Deleted User, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

2. JohnC_Unity

JohnC_Unity

Unity Technologies

humm you are correct, you can get it via the HUB via the release link page but not directly in the HUB.

I'll have a look into why.

Thanks APSchmidt.

MadeFromPolygons and vakabaka like this.
  3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Something like this has already happened with 2019.1.11f1: https://forum.unity.com/threads/2019-1-11-and-the-hub.713081/. We had to wait three days before if was added to the Hub. I hope we won't have to wait so long this time.

Edit: the link "Install with Hub" on the release page is barely visible. The devs that handle that page should add a visible green "Install with Hub" button. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2019
  4. JohnC_Unity

JohnC_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi APSchmidt,
    It's seems the hub update watcher didnt trigger correctly . The Hub team have fixed this. The a12 alpha should now be in the install list.

I'll keep an eye on this in future. Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for reporting.

Mauri and Deleted User like this.
  5. Deleted User

Deleted User

It is indeed! Thanks for your help! :)

JohnC_Unity likes this.
  6. Deleted User

Deleted User

I don't know if you can do something about that but I'm reporting this here.

Visual Studio community 2019 shows up in the module list; it shouldn't since it's already installed. It's not the first time I report this but I can't remember what version of Unity this problem was related to at the time.

Capture.JPG

7. JohnC_Unity

JohnC_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hey APSchmidt,

I wasnt able to repo this on macOS, Ubuntu or Windows 10. I can't find a bug for it either. Did you previously log one? If so could you supply the number. If not it would be great if you could take the time report a new one.

Sorry about that.

8. Deleted User

Deleted User

Visual Studio Community 2019 is not in the module list when you install 2019.3.0a12 on macOS, Ubuntu or Windows 10? I'm using Windows 7 SP1 up to date.

I didn't file a bug report thinking it was just an oversight.

VS 2019 doesn't show in the list when I install non alpha or beta versions of the editor. The one that shows is VS 2017 that is not installed in my computer, which seems to be a normal behaviour.

JohnC_Unity likes this.
  9. JohnC_Unity

JohnC_Unity

Unity Technologies

Ah ok cool, thanks for the clarification!