Search Unity

Bug 1383609 Reproduced after upgrade to 2021.2.5f1

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by eggsamurai, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Qleenie

Qleenie

You need to replace the existing line, and you need to use "file:" as prefix, and probably replace "\" with "/". So something like:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. "com.unity.render-pipelines.core": "file:D:/REPOS/2021.2.7f1/Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.core@12.1.2",
    edit: the key I quoted was wrong, changed to correct key.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
  2. Enigma229

Enigma229

Great that works! Thanks for you help Qleenie!

3. Pranav_Redstoneinvente

Pranav_Redstoneinvente

Is there any fix yet??? I really need to submit a game to a jam which is ending in a couple of hours. This bug is freezing the player!
    help!!!!

4. Pranav_Redstoneinvente

Pranav_Redstoneinvente

Hey, can you please help me out? How do i get this error fixed? THanks

5. Qleenie

Qleenie

Just read the full thread and you’ll find all you need to know.

6. Simunek

Simunek

I will shortly share my opinion as a student of university SW student. I understand that Unity will not stop everything just to fix this bug, BUT!

1) I am very familiar with version control/packages/manifest but honestly, I am not brave enough to mess with it because you will change it, something else could break, what if you mess up? I tried to reverse to 2020.3 and it took me 3 days and it was still broken so I had to stay (it was simpler to just wait for a fix than fixing that hell) with 2021.2.
    2) Hundreds of new devs are downloading Unity for the first time and because they are surely as stupid as we were when we started they are downloading the latest version. They build a simple game, it is broken, they will leave. (Only a few of them will search this forum to find this) This means Unity is losing future devs which could be paying users one day...

I understand it does not look like a huge problem for you. On the other hand, it is quite painful on the customer side for a lot of users. Thanks for reading this far! :)

Qleenie likes this.
  7. Pranav_Redstoneinvente

Pranav_Redstoneinvente

I am getting this, i did follow everything
    upload_2022-1-1_0-13-37.png

8. Pranav_Redstoneinvente

Pranav_Redstoneinvente

upload_2022-1-1_1-13-14.png

9. Pranav_Redstoneinvente

Pranav_Redstoneinvente

10. Pranav_Redstoneinvente

Pranav_Redstoneinvente

Nopes, i thought it was fixed but i ran into the exact same error today!

11. Pranav_Redstoneinvente

Pranav_Redstoneinvente

Th OG problem, where the screen goes gray

12. TIHan

TIHan

FYI, if you modify the source files in the package manually, the editor will automatically revert it unless you reference a local copy.

If you use the beta, the problem is fixed.

13. Qleenie

Qleenie

If you do everything as stated above,
    1) copy core rp package to local folder
    2) modify the one class in the local copy
    3) change the manifest.json to point to the local copy

the error will disappear. we already shipped an update of our game with the manual patch.

14. electorchstrauss

electorchstrauss

well I followed the fix and it seems I've followed Pranav's footsteps..
    So I
    -Copied the folder from yourProject\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.core@12.1.2
    to yourProject\Packages\
    -Then I changed the script inside here yourProject\Packages\com.unity.render-pipelines.core@12.1.2\Runtime\RenderGraph\RenderGraphResources.cs with the one you attached
    -Then I went back here yourProject\Packages to edit the manifest.json for this line
    "com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition": "file:C:/Users/Jojo/Documents/Unity Projects/FreshNet/Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.core@12.1.2",

any step missing? because when I open my project it doesnt like it.

Attached Files:

15. Qleenie

Qleenie

you changed the wrong path, you need to cahnge the path of core rp, not of HDRP. I guess I didn't see it in above quote, so it should of course be "com.unity.render-pipelines.core" as key.

electorchstrauss likes this.
  16. electorchstrauss

electorchstrauss

Okay, so I kept the line as is "com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition": "12.1.2",
    and added "com.unity.render-pipelines.core": "file:C:/Users/Jojo/Documents/Unity Projects/FreshNet/Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.core@12.1.2",

Now my project opens but it said :The package cache was invalidated and rebuilt because the following immutable asset(s) were unexpectedly altered:
    Packages/com.unity.probuilder/Content/Resources/Materials/StandardVertexColorHDRP.mat

but since it's probuilder I don't think it's relevant here and assume the fix worked
    thanks Qleenie

17. DEEnvironment

DEEnvironment

found again in 2021.2.7 HDRP api 12.1.2 latest release

is this a leak as it happens only about a hr or so after working in this unity version
    the trigger to set it off seems like something is leaking overtime in a new scene just sitting no activity after a few hrs it just pops in killing everything

i suspect we just need to get in and out complete our projects in less that a hr to use this version lol

18. dexmex001

dexmex001

Hey Ebody

I try again in Unity 2021.2.7 HDRP api 12.1.2 and the problem still.
    After Downoad the HDRP sample datas in the package manager / under HDRP 12.1.2 , and now the "GREAY" problem gone.
    Hope its stil, and not come back XD

Maybe its help

UPDATED
    - No sorry, bug come back after 30min ....

Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
  19. mroshaw

mroshaw

Thank you so much for posting the workaround. This has been driving us crazy for weeks!

In our case, there was no entry in the manifest for "com.unity.render-pipelines.core", so we added it below "high-definition":

Code (CSharp):
    1. "com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition": "12.1.2",
    2. "com.unity.render-pipelines.core": "file:D:/Dev/UnityOurGame/Packages/Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.core@12.1.2",
    3. "com.unity.terrain-tools": "4.0.3",

20. Qleenie

Qleenie

the bug will persist until you either patch as described in this thread, or Unity releases updates of HDRP / Core RP.

21. dexmex001

dexmex001

Yeah ,really have no other solution at this time :\

Thanks a lot all reply

22. dexmex001

dexmex001

Hello,

Now i have problem with GPU instancing on material.
    If turn on, in the material, its have no effect on batching.
    In 2020.3.15f2 its worked fine, i try with the same mesh, and a built in simple quad, but now have no effect on a HDRPLit shader.

Someone has an idea?

Thanks

23. olavrv

olavrv

It is crazy how long this issue is taking to fix... Just sayin'

Simunek likes this.
  24. Krabicz

Krabicz

For me turning off Bloom solved issue.

25. Darkgaze

Darkgaze

For everybody who's trying to fix this, an easy guide.

1. Search for Core RP Library folder under "packages" in the Project view
    2. Right click: Show in Explorer, to find the actual folder (should be called something like: com.unity.render-pipelines.core@12.1.2/ "
    3. copy that folder (don't move!) outside somewhere else. That will be the path to the patched package that we will modify. I modified the name of the folder to remind me that I created this and patched it. My folder is not called patchedCoreRPPackage_12.1.2/
    4. Close your Unity project to avoid errors before all the changes.
    5. Now open the copied folder and replace the file called: \Runtime\RenderGraph\RenderGraphResources.cs with the file I attached to this comment.
    6. Now tell Unity to use that modified package instead by modifying the package manifest which defines which packages are loaded and which version for each of them. Open the manifest.json inside Packages/ folder inside your project root folder with a good text editor (not Microsoft Word or Wordpad, please. Use Notepad, notepad++, sublime text or a similar one)
    7. Find the line: "com.unity.render-pipelines.core": "12.X.X" If you don't have it, then add a similar line like the one ending with .high-definition and modify it to look like mine (with the X being the same version as your high-definition one). I'm still wondering why people say "change the line" if this line is a built-in package and is not in the manifest file...
    8. Change the version number "12.X.X" at the end to the path your copied folder adding file: to the beginning.
    9. Mine looks like:
      "com.unity.render-pipelines.core": "file:C:/patchedCoreRPPackage_12.1.2",
      Notice that I modified the default Windows path lines from \ to / .
    10. Now open your Unity project again, and see it it loads anything or shows an error in the console like: Failed to resolve packages... Then read the error to see if the path contains any weird symbol that you have to avoid in your manifest.json file. Otherwise, the problem is fixed for now.
    Don't forget to restore the manifest file to what it was by setting the version number again or removing that line if you added one, and update the package using the package manager when a solution comes up!

To check it all was good, find the package Core RP Library under Packages in hte project view, and right click on it and select show in explorer. It will open the new folder now.

Another guide refrenced by a user on more information about modifying the manifest file: https://docs.unity3d.com/2021.2/Documentation/Manual/upm-manifestPrj.html

Attached Files:

xi003, NFJ, Simunek and 3 others like this.
  26. olavrv

olavrv

2021.2.8 is out, anyone had the chance to check if this issue is fixed?

27. TIHan

TIHan

2021.2.8 should have the fix. Below is from its release notes.
    • HDRP: Fixed an issue causing Render Graph execution errors after a random amount of time (1379350)

olavrv likes this.
  28. olavrv

olavrv

It was worth the wait then :D

29. EJSainz

EJSainz

Hello, I had the same problem, but found that it was caused by a file path too deep. What hinted me in that many errors read "Could not find part of the path...". This brought me to this thread.

After shortening the path (which was actually unnecesarily long) I was able to open the project and Reimport All assets. This worked fine for me.