Search Unity

12p21 Changes

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by tertle, Nov 24, 2018.

1. tertle

tertle

Changes
    • ComponentGroup.Types was made internal, since it will likely be refactored
    • Renamed DynamicBuffer.GetBasePointer() to DynamicBuffer.GetUnsafePtr() for consistency with NativeArray API.
    Fixes
    • Component types no longer show up multiple times in archetypes and queries in the EntityDebugger
    • Attempting to rename an entity in the EntityDebugger no longer causes an exception (naming is not yet supported)
    • Component filter editor now shows types in consistent alphabetical order when filtering
    • The Show button in the GameObjectEntity inspector works again
    • Fixed [ReadOnly] DynamicBuffer incorrectly throwing exceptions when getting the NativeArray inside of a job.
    • Fixed DynamicBuffer not throwing the right exceptions when writing to buffers while NativeArrays are being used in jobs
    https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/EntityComponentSystemSamples/blob/master/ReleaseNotes.md

A few other things I noticed

- ArchetypeChunkArray added DidAddOrChange, GetComponentVersion and Has methods for buffers
    - EntityManager ComponentDataFromEntity, BufferFromEntity made internal.

2. ChrisPie

ChrisPie

Still show up multiple times for me (I'm using ComponentDataArrays with [Inject])

SubPixelPerfect likes this.