Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug 1259427 Upgrading existing 2018.4 project fails on OSX without errors

Discussion in '2020.1 Beta' started by wgg2, Jun 29, 2020.

1. wgg2

wgg2

Hello all,

I want to upgrade a 2018.4.23f1 project to the 2020.1 beta, but instead of starting the upgrade procedure, Unity Hub disappears for a few seconds and then reappears (like it is being restarted) and nothing else happens.
    This also occurs with a newly created empty 2018 project. I can however, create a new 2020 project.

This is on a Macbook pro (2013) running 10.14.6. It has 'forgotten' its serial number as discussed in this thread. This is also the reason I'm trying the 2020 beta: I needed a new feature, and any 2019 version just crashes on my computer.

I could successfully upgrade my project on a Windows machine, but the resulting project does again not open on my macbook. Trying to upgrade and open the project on another macbook worked just fine.

As the log files do not seem to contain any errors I'm not sure what else to try.

2. LaireonGames

LaireonGames

Our project fails to import and crashes silently as well but we are on Windows and trying to upgrade from 2019.3.