Search Unity

12 month "free" cloud plan useless without perforce :(

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by iossif, Jun 9, 2015.

1. iossif

iossif

i am starting to feel really ripped off after i bought unity 5 pro early on. the asset store level 11 is "nice" but after trying out cloud builds i am really getting disappointed.

as a small indie that uses perfoce i just cannot use the service at all. i will not change my repository i used for years to git or svn and i simply cannot affort 1200/year just to use the service i was offered for free with my current repo :(

is there a possible change on the perfoce usage or was my pro investment really for nothing?

2. hypeNate

hypeNate

Unity Technologies

Hi @iossif , I'm sorry to hear that you're disappointed. Unfortunately there are no plans to support Perforce in anything other than the studio plan at this time, since it is a more complex system and therefore requires more support.

Perhaps there is some way to use Perforce with Git? Have you - or anyone else who finds this thread - looked at these features at all: http://www.perforce.com/git ?

3. iossif

iossif

hey @hypeNate

thanks for the link. unfortunately it is a no go for me... i moved away from git because i struggled with it for years. with perforce i am really happy and it is integrated in all my workflows. moving back just for automated builds is not an option unfortunately.