Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[1115557] CinemachineBrain component causes scene to be flagged as dirty when leaving Play Mode

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by dgoyette, Jan 9, 2019.

1. dgoyette

dgoyette

Having a CinemachineBrain in my scene causes the scene to think it has unsaved changes when leaving play mode. Effectively, every time I leave Play Mode, I get a "*" next to the scene name. I reported this as Bug #1115557, so this is just a heads up.

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

This is a side-effect of SaveDuringPlay functionality, which allows tweaks made to the vcam settings while in play mode to be retained when you come back to edit mode. If this bothers you, then you can just turn off the SaveDuringPlay feature:

upload_2019-1-9_10-33-32.png

TheDelhiDuck, leohilbert and dgoyette like this.
  3. dgoyette

dgoyette

Thanks. That's helpful. Worth mentioning: the test case I submitted didn't have a Cinemachine Virtual Camera in the scene, just a Cinemachine Brain. So there was no Save During Play to uncheck. However, upon adding a Cinemachine Virtual Camera and unchecking Save During Play, that cleared up the dirty problem. So that's probably fine given that I don't think I'd have the former without the latter.

TheDelhiDuck likes this.