Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[1092355] No more UI & game window update on Windows when instantiating prefab

Discussion in '2018.3 Beta' started by mdeletrain, Oct 18, 2018.

1. mdeletrain

mdeletrain

Hi,

I encountered an issue since I updated to Unity 2018.3.0b3 (also visible in b6), where neither the game view nor the rest of editor's UI update their content after a combination of some of my prefabs has been instantiated.

The game still updates properly on the background. If I open and start the profiler before starting the game, it's display is not updated either but when I stop the game I've got all the data displayed and nothing seems wrong compared to a working session. Input still responds, sounds play, etc ...

Sometimes, when creating other instances of said prefabs, display updates again... until future instantiations take place.

This only happens on Windows, MacOs version seems unaffected (well..., since I updated there's a bit of in-game UI which flickers, maybe that's related).

Attached is a project that exposes the issue : it randomly generates instances of a set of prefabs.
    If the set contains both "Jungle liana - 01" and "Jungle liana - 05" the issue appears now and then. If you instantiate them independently nothing happens. Other combinations may trigger the issue.

Attached Files:

2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Unity Technologies normally wants us to report bugs using the Bug Reporter Tool, as explained here:
    https://unity3d.com/unity/beta/guide-to-beta-testing#tab-3

It then also allows you to keep track of the bug status, so it's a good thing to do. Once you submitted the bug-report, you should receive a confirmation email with a Case ID about an hour later. I recommend to post this ID here for Unity staff to pick up.

LeonhardP likes this.
  3. mdeletrain

mdeletrain

Done : 1092355 !

Peter77 and LeonhardP like this.
  4. mdeletrain

mdeletrain

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
    LeonhardP likes this.