Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

100% need this! Mesh/Terrain Blending.

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by Thall33, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Thall33

Thall33

And no the other ones on the market don't cut it, they don't come close as good looking as this.

Please Unity, make this happen!

Rowlan and Shinao like this.
  2. elbows

elbows

This is supposed to be a time of great change for many aspects of terrain in Unity, starting with 2018.3, so I will wait and see exactly what we are getting with all the new terrain stuff before working out exactly what features to request in future.

3. Thall33

Thall33

Calm all your excitement...wow

4. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

No, they are right. Your asking for stuff before its even released. You dont know the featureset, so dont jump your guns.

I also dont think anything they said was bad, they just answered your question.

5. Thall33

Thall33

All im saying is this is an exciting feature to have for environment artists and level designers. its what separates current gen from next gen in terms of natural seamless environments.

I agree, can't wait to see what the new terrain features are besides the ones already shown in Unite videos (this one not being one, but could be) If anything I'm just trying to generate some hype and backing for an ART feature already present in other engines.

If you're an artist you'll get behind this. Just want this feature to get attention. :)

one_one likes this.