Search Unity

100 Laps

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by yellowlabrador, May 12, 2009.

1. yellowlabrador

yellowlabrador

Hello All,

Just a simple racing game. For now only the splash levels and test drive mode is uploaded.

http://www.mantarayinteractive.net/TestFolder/100Laps.html

Wanted some input / suggestion from the community. Still have a lot to do (AI Car still in disarray, working on it.) .

Engine audio not good enough.(Pitch don't sound right)
    No background music. (will probably add some later)

Car feels good enough to drive.(I think).

Any input is always appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ray

Attached Files:

2. showoff

showoff

jjkhg

3. showoff

showoff

Nice work yellowlabrador. There are a lot of things I can point out but the obvious one to me is the steering. it feels to loose kind of arcade like but if that is the intent then I think there needs to be turbo (nitrous) and I guess some other arcade like elements . go check out burnout for examples but if you're going for the arcade effect but if your shooting for realistic driving sim then I think you need to look at gran turismo or forza. Art wise there are a lot of things I think you can improve but I think game play is very important which is why I'm focusing on the feel of the car.

4. yellowlabrador

yellowlabrador

Hi Showoff,

Steering wise, almost arcade like but not too realistic, so I guess shooting for in between. I'm trying to get a steering that a player can easily control the car even at high speed but can't figure it out how to do it smoothly, If it's close enough then I think it's good enough :D

Once I got the AI cars to work properly and have all the cars and player car on the track racing, I wanted the player to be able to actually win a race by driving the car. (When to speed up and when to slow down).

I'm trying to have the AI cars as tight as possible so when the player car is along side the pack, the player needs to find a way to pass the other cars with out crashing.

Car 16 and Car 7 needs to be fixed, I instantiated the wrong pre fab.

Thanks,
    Ray

5. ej2009

ej2009

steering is way too sensitive for me? Also, car feels weightless, if you know what I mean..

Other than that, it's a good start!

6. Discord

Discord

I think the car should slow down a lot faster than it currently does when you let off the gas. For the most part, it stays at the same speed.

I think that you should have different sounds for different speeds, so that the car sounds different going 30 mph than it goes while going 130 mph.

And also add in some more satisfying crash physics. :D

Other than that, its a great start!

7. snicholls

snicholls

The I guess menu buttons are just blank. doh.

8. yellowlabrador

yellowlabrador

Hello all,

Uploaded car AI Test. It's only AI cars running around the tracks.
    No player controls.

Crashes still happen and auto restart of cars still not done.

Full screen mode looks better. Just close the window to exit or hit refresh on your browser to restart.

Would be nice if I included some explosions when car crashes. ;-)

Thanks,
    Ray

http://www.mantarayinteractive.net/TestFolder/100LapsAI.html