Search Unity

1 mb max for web?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by sogdo, May 16, 2011.

1. sogdo

sogdo

What exactly does this mean?
    does this mean i can only load 1 mb for each player of information,
    or 1 mb overall of information could be saved?

Because I have a few things I want to save about each player such as skin color, height, position, and so on.
    But if i had like 2000 users, will 1mb be enough?:confused:

2. ColossalDuck

ColossalDuck

Could you show me what you are referring to? It completely depends on the sentence, if you show me what you are having a problem with, I can help you.

And if this is a server for hosting a website, find a different one, there are much better places.

3. sogdo

sogdo

Im referring to the playerprefsX, isnt that how you save variables and such like username password? I havent started much on networking and planning to and I was told that using playerprefsX is the way to go.

Is this true or should i got with a SQL database in my website or something like that?

4. ColossalDuck

ColossalDuck

If you use playerprefs, it will be stored on each individuals computer. You should use SQL databases for your purpose.

5. sogdo

sogdo

Okay then quick question, should i connect to the SQL site by connecting to the javascript of the website or is there a way to connect directly from Unity to the database from unity?

If so is there any way I could learn how?

6. ColossalDuck

ColossalDuck

You can connect directly to the database through Unity... I have heard its finicky.

Here:WWW

I am not sure how to do it, but with the scripting documents, I think you will find everything you need.