Search Unity

Question "1 bucket per platform" vs "1 bucket for all platforms" benefits and downsides?

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Content Delivery' started by Peter77, Aug 16, 2021.

1. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

I use the "1 bucket for all platforms" approach. I wonder if "1 bucket per platform" might be a better option, because in this case, whatever I do to a bucket, does not affect other platforms.

From your experience, what are the benefits and downsides of each approach? What approach take most UCD customers?

2. sebastienUnity3d

sebastienUnity3d

Unity Technologies

Hi Peter77,

a lot of customer find it a lot more useful to use at least one bucket per platform. More so, a lot of them use also 1 bucket per platform per env(dev, staging, prod, etc) to help with promotion of releases.

Hope it helps

Sebastien

3. sebastienUnity3d

sebastienUnity3d

Unity Technologies

4. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Thank you for the reply. I wasn't aware of the FAQ, thank you for posting the link.

Yes we also have different buckets for Development, Staging and Live. But each bucket holds the content for all platforms. I used this setup due to several Unity talks/seminars I watched on youtube.

Good to know that one bucket per platform per environment is the recommended approach, will change to that.