Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[1.11.4][Standard RP/LWRP] Free Opensource Road Creator

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by MCrafterzz, Feb 15, 2019.

1. MCrafterzz

MCrafterzz

2. Circool

Circool

Thanks for making it free and open source!

MCrafterzz likes this.
  3. MCrafterzz

MCrafterzz

Want everyone to be able to use it! Let me know what you think of it

Mark_01 likes this.
  4. MCrafterzz

MCrafterzz

Any feedback?

5. jeffmorris1956

jeffmorris1956

I downloaded the Road Creator and followed your instructions but when I try to create a road, nothing happens. There is no Road creator GUI.

6. MCrafterzz

MCrafterzz

You need to create a road system: Create GameObject > 3D Object > Road System and when that's selected the object creation gui will show up.

7. MCrafterzz

MCrafterzz

1.0.2 has now been released. Clicking on roadsegment's, intersection's etc help book icon now takes you to their wiki page.

Adam-Bailey and MostHated like this.
  8. Justice0Juic3

Justice0Juic3

And at this very second I'm importing it to use for my personal game. Might let you know it goes :p

Edit:

So far having fun with it but I'm stuck with two things.
    1. I never managed to touch the Y Offset and Smoothness Amount fields. My editor seems to lose focus. Also when editing anything it's like I'm forced not to Alt+Tab for example.
    Using 2018.3.1f1 fresh project
    2. Unsure how to finish the "circuit"

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  9. MCrafterzz

MCrafterzz

Glad to hear that you've downloaded my project! But it's unfortunate that you have found problems with it.
    1. The editor doesn't loose focus for me so this is one of these super anoying things that I can't reproduce and therefore have no way to fix. I guess you have tried reopening the project and selecting another object in the scene before selecting the road again?

I would recommend having the smoothness amount as zero as it's kinda hacky. Modify the control point to get the smoothest possible curves!
    2. You have 2 options. Either you could overlap them a little bit so that they look connected but arn't or you could do it the proper way and have two roads and create intersections between them (move a start/end point from both roads to the same point to create an intersection. You can then hold s while moving the intersection points so it's so small that it isn't noticable. This way you'll have a complete circuit. Generate intersections must be enabled for both roads tho.

10. Justice0Juic3

Justice0Juic3

Hi!
    Yes, I've tried selecting another gameobject and then the road system again. I understand that this is some kind of specific problem. Neither do I know why this happens and it's frustrating I can't even "touch" the variables.
    Also thanks for the second info, will give it a try.

And out of curiosity it says to start with LWRP but this is kinda inconvenient for most of the/my cases. Look I don't need an ultra HD version but just for the normal projects would be better I think.

11. MCrafterzz

MCrafterzz

The roads need a specific shader to stretch correctly so I needed to create a shader graph for it. So it's possible to have it for the standard rendering pipeline but you'll have to write a custom shader. Also Unity has said that LWRP and HRP is the way forward and that the SRP will be deprecated soon. So it's more of a general Unity thing than this specific package, everyone will have to move over soon… I don't like it being split into two as some features like decals only are avaliable for HRP and not for the rest of the community but we'll just have to accept it... :confused::(

As for the inspector, the more information I get the higher are the chances that I can solve it. Does it only happen for roads. Do global settings work? Road segments? Prefab lines? Intersections?

EDIT: I've heard that LWRP shaders work quite well for HRP so if that's want you want then you can probably switch without problems.

12. Justice0Juic3

Justice0Juic3

SRP deprecated? o_O Not on my watch :cool: #whyunity

I totally agree you don't have to make two separate packages. Actually I switched to my traditional road editor for now but just for you I tested it again. Global settings work fine and editing the road too (placing the road, barriers and all that sort of stuff).
    The variables in the inspector of "Prefab Line" and "Road" inside "Road System" cannot be changed. When I click on it, it refuses to focus or basically won't let me enter another number. Like the smoothness amount for example.
    Hopefully you can understand what I mean.

Also, don't worry I leave this road creator behind ;). I may use it in the future when LWRP is the going ham.
    For now I wish you the best of luck

Edit: I've had trouble setting up the bridge. I assume the Y Offset First Step and Y Offset Second Step should change height but I still get a road glued on the terrain itself

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  13. MCrafterzz

MCrafterzz

To not make the road glued. Set the terrain option of the segment to ignore then you change the point with + and - when selected. I'll do my best to try to fix the problem. I hope I can fix it for you!

Justice0Juic3 likes this.
  14. MCrafterzz

MCrafterzz

1.0.3 has been released!:
    - Fixed focus problems preventing searching when selecting objects and variables to be editable in the inspector (let me know if it works @Justice0Juic3 )
    - Object creation gui is now showed when a global settings or road segment object is selected

15. MCrafterzz

MCrafterzz

1.0.4 has been uploaded, fixing some bugs:
    - Replaced extra meshes width option with start width and end width for increased customizability
    - Fixed roads treating height incorrectly causing them to sometime hang like a hanging bridge.
    - Fixed extra meshes and bridges starting at the wrong position when that segment's start width is different than the last segments end width

16. MCrafterzz

MCrafterzz

Features, tweak and loads of bug fixes. 1.1.0 has it all!:
    - Added extra meshes for intersections
    - Added creation gui button to create traffic lights
    - Holding CTRL when moving points up and down now snaps their position to whole values (also useful to move them faster)
    - Traffic light now show the creation gui when selected
    - Made pillar placement for bridges more exact
    - Changed uv system for bridges to stretch the texture similar to roads or intersections depending on if it's a road or intersection
    - Bridge pillars now have a rotation direction option
    - Multiple traffic lights can now be modified at the same time
    - Roads bridges now generate caps

- Fixed prefab lines hanging when both points are in air
    - Fixed first prefab in prefab lines sometimes being bent in the wrong direction (@Justice0Juic3 this should make your road system look a bit better :D)
    - Fixed an error when the first road segment has a bridge
    - Fixed prefabs in prefab lines being placed to near eachover in slopes
    - Fixed being able to have multiple global settings object
    - Fixed road/prefab lines/road segments and intersection printing error when there is no global settings object
    - Fixed points not being dropped when going out of scene view
    - Fixed points not being dropped when holding shift
    - Fixed prefab lines direction not being left by default
    - Fixed intersection materials having no texture
    - Fixed not being able to change intersection bridge material
    - Fixed intersection bridges not generating cap on last connection
    - Fixed prefab lines fill gap being able to be used when rotate alongst curve is false causing strange results
    - Other small bugs fixes and tweaks

Would anyone mind if I removed the smoothness amount option for roads? It always gives pretty bad results so it's better to simply use another shorter segment. Please let me know! If noone is against it, it will be removed in the next update.

17. MCrafterzz

MCrafterzz

1.1.1 is a smaller update:
    - Multiple segments' extra meshes can now be edited at the same time so you no longer have to edit one segment at a time
    - Removed smoothness amount for roads
    - Added reset curve points button to intersections
    - Huge code cleanup which leads to minor performance improvements
    - Other small tweaks and bug fixes

18. marcrem

marcrem

Hi there, looks promising!
    1 very important question for me: Do you support intersections like highway ramps? This is a must for our game :/

Cheers!

19. MCrafterzz

MCrafterzz

Ofcource. Road system wouldn't be road systems without intersections ;). https://github.com/MCrafterzz/roadcreator/wiki/Instructions. Move a end/start point so it's at the same place as another start/end point and an intersection will be generated.

20. marcrem

marcrem

Yeah of course :D But what I mean is that sometimes you need something different than a X cross or a T cross. Example:

Does the system works for such angles?

Last question : I understand that it's only working for LWRP or HDRP?

21. GCatz

GCatz

thank you for making it open source, its not taken for granted

MCrafterzz likes this.
  22. MCrafterzz

MCrafterzz

Yes. The intersection system is dynamic so they can be in every shape. Yes the tool requires Lwrp/hdrp for the shader graph to work. The tool itself does still work without it but you'll have to write a custom shader that divides uv2.x with uv.x.

Also just so you know. The blue mouse position laggs behind the actual position making it look buggy. The is because of the sceneview not updating, this is fixed in the upcoming version. Just so you don't leave this tool because it looks buggy.

23. MCrafterzz

MCrafterzz

I present the biggest update yet, 1.2. As well as fixing month-old bugs it also adds many handy features.

Full changelog:
    - Added option to road segments to generate custom bridges. Currently two types of suspension bridges are included but you can easly add your own. Many options can be customized such as scale, amount of repetions etc.
    - Added suspension bridge pillar
    - Road guideline system revamped:
    - Cursor now snapps to closes point on line instead of only a few point alongt it
    - Changed the visuals to be less cluttered, a circle is now displayed at the point's position and lines are displayed to mark the end of it
    - Road guidelines length is now set instead of amount giving much more control over size
    - Road guidelines display distance is now configurable, to prevent them from taking up big parts of the screen
    - Road guidelines snap distance can now be changed
    - Distance calculations to determine if the guideline should be shown is now from the nearest point on line instead of center position
    - Made center road guidelines more accurate

- Prefab lines "bend objects" now follows the curve much more exactly
    - Prefab lines scale has been replaced with xScale, yScale and zScale
    - The position of road's and prefab line's points can now be edited in the inspector for easier modification. When selected the selected point will be rendered. Moving them automaticly updates the road/prefab line.
    - Connected road points can now be moved when intersection is selected

- Fixed mouse position cylinder lagging behind actual position
    - Fixed intersection vertices not being pararell causing extra meshes to sometimes generate in weird self-overlapping shapes
    - Fixed extra meshes generating on the wrong side of the road
    - Fixed prefab lines having the wrong spacing by default
    - Fixed uvs for bridge caps being incorrect
    - Fixed top of bridges generating mirrored compared to roads causing the bridge to sometime go through the road in steep curved slopes.
    - Fixed cursor cylinder being on top of curve points when a intersection is selcted
    - Fixed intersection extra meshes not preventing null material
    - Fixed bridge mesh not being removed when removing a road's en point
    - Fixed bridge pillars at start and end point having wrong rotation
    - Fixed bridge pillar scale not being relative to the mesh height causing all pillar meshes to have to be the same size
    - Many more changes and fixes

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    Adam-Bailey likes this.
  24. marcrem

marcrem

I'd gladly donate for a non-SRP port :D :(

great work !

25. MCrafterzz

MCrafterzz

1.2.1:
    - Settings are now edited in the Road Creator tab in project settings instead of in a Global Settings game object
    - Added shader to support the standard render pipeline (Materials are still for LWRP)
    - Added button to duplicate extra mesh for quicker editing
    - Selecting a point now automaticly selects the move tool
    - Placed prefabs in prefab lines are now hidden in the inspector
    - Fixed roads and intersections generating pillar(s) even tho place pillar(s) is false
    - Fixed roads and intersection normals being flipped and their shader having to flip them back
    - Decreased the file size to 1/5 of the previous release
    - Other small changes and fixes

@marcrem I hope you enjoy the SRP support! Take a look at: https://github.com/MCrafterzz/roadcreator/wiki/Using-the-tool-in-the-Standard-Render-Pipeline as you'll have to change the shader of the materials.

I feel like this tool is nearing completion so development will slow down (I will still fix bugs and do tweaks). My focus atm will be on including some more types of bridges. Let me know if you feel like something is missing!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  26. MCrafterzz

MCrafterzz

1.3.0:
    - Added new settings, hide non-editable objects. When true which it is by default, it hides objects such as road segment meshes from the inspector. As they arn't editable in any way they just take space in the hierarchy.
    - Added new settings to change the default materials and prefabs used by roads, intersections and prefab lines
    - Removed background from road and intersections. As they now use the same base material their colours will always match
    - Pillars can now be placed even tho generate simple mesh is false as long as generate custom mesh is true
    - Added overlay material option to extra meshes
    - Split roads xz pillar scale to x scale and z scale
    - Added option to road segments to adapt pillar gap to custom mesh to quickly place the pillars at the correct positions
    - Other changes and fixes

1.3.1:
    - Added settings to change default start/end prefab line prefabs as well as bridge pillar

More bridges will come soon!

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  27. MCrafterzz

MCrafterzz

More bridges!
    1.4.0:
    - Added new bridges: truss bridge, simple tied arch bridge and tied arch bridge
    - Suspension bridge meshes now accually have an underside
    - When generation a bridge the road segment's terrain option is automatically changed to ignore
    - Fixed an error caused by roads
    - Fixed removing points from a road segment not working correctly

28. MCrafterzz

MCrafterzz

1.5.0 focuses on finalizing the bridge system to also support arch bridges:
    - Added 6 new bridges: arch bridge, simple arch bridge, small truss bridge, circular arch bridge, curved truss bridge and simple beam bridge
    - Adapt to custom bridge now changes the x scale of pillars to match the extra mesh. The z scale still has to be changed manually as it's impossible to calculate (is different for every bridge mesh)
    - Added adapt bridge to terrain which displaces the mesh's lowest vertices so that it goes down all the way to the ground. Enable this when using the new arch bridges.
    - Added X pillar scale multiplier as some pillars base are wider than the top part and therefore the pillar doesn't match the custom bridge mesh by default
    - Pillars are now moved so that they always are in the center of the road even when one side has extra meshes
    - Removed some old pillars
    - Fixed pillars going through custom bridge meshes when they have parts under the road
    - More smaller stuff

29. MCrafterzz

MCrafterzz

This tool´s biggest flaw imo is the inability to insert points in the middle of a segment. This resulted in situations when you had to redo the whole road which can be time consuming. I'm happy to announce that it's finally fixed! You can now spilt a segment into to two by holding down A and left clicking on a segment.

- You can now split a segment (Left click + A)
    - Added undo support for intersections
    - Divided up the prefab line editor into sections
    - Fixed error with center guidelines when a road segment is too short (they are now only generated when possible)
    - Code clean up, it should now be easier to read

toto2003 and sylon like this.
  30. MCrafterzz

MCrafterzz

1.6.1 is a small bug fix update:
    - New segments now use the last segments end width as start width to prevents strange transitions, previously it used it's start width. This includes intersections.
    - Fixed pillar gap options not being shown when generate custom bridge is false

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  31. MCrafterzz

MCrafterzz

Using this tool myself I found that roads, intersections etc were easy and quick to use, but then I tried creating a roundabout. It was nearly impossible to create a good result and it was time consuming to move around all the points manually. That's why I decided to add a roundabout object so it's as easy to create a perfectly round roundabout as any other type of intersection. Unlike the beta roundabout these new ones are customizable and connect in a smooth curve.

- Readded roundabouts. Click on the roundabout icon in the object creation gui, features:
    - (De) connect roads and move connection point just like a normal intersection
    - Move curve points to create the perfect curves
    - Change roundabout radius and width
    - Extra mesh support
    - Y Texture tiling always has to be more than 0 now
    - Fixed duplicating intersection extra mesh and changing one of them changing all
    - Fixed intersection extra meshes using wrong base material
    - Fixed roads not resetting correctly when clicking the reset button
    - Fixed roads not being curved at all when resolution is 0.01. Now they always have a minimum of 6 vertices instead of 4
    - Fixed intersections not always working correctly when not being named "Intersection"
    - Fixed presets causing errors when assigning it
    - Various fixes related to intersections, and random tweaks as well of course

- Improved grass colour
    - Fixed road sometimes connecting to opposite side of roundabout
    - Fixed some roundabout bugs

Wiki is now updated. Roundabouts documentation.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  32. MCrafterzz

MCrafterzz

- Added simple bridge support to roundabouts
    - Added pillar placement support to roundabouts
    - Added roundabout connection index offset option to allow for more customizable connections

- Roundabouts transform component is now accessable to allow for easy movement
    - Renamed Generate Intersection button to Generate Roundabout for roundabouts
    - Renamed road segment's Bridge Base to Bridge
    - Improved reliability of road key detection. This should fix the road not deconnecting from intersections even if the s key isn't down when moving the point

- Fixed intersections and roundabouts not always updating connected roads correctly
    - Fixed being able to scale and rotate roads, prefab lines and points with the transform component
    - Split up long methods to make them easier to read
    - Bug fixes!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  33. MCrafterzz

MCrafterzz

- Y offset now has to be atleast 0.01 to prevent z-fighting
    - Fixed roundabout road connection bridges completly ignoring extra meshes
    - Fixed roundabout bridge not generating correctly when there are multiple extra meshes on the same segment
    - Fixed roundabout road connection inner vertices being messed up when the left point of the road connection is < 360 degress and the right is > 360
    - Fixed roundabout bridges road connection parts not having caps
    - Renamed pillar variables to be consistently named

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  34. Prodigga

Prodigga

Excellent work man, I've dealt with road intersection generation before and it is no easy task! Nice! I will give it a try tomorrow :)

35. MCrafterzz

MCrafterzz

Thanks for you comment. Makes me super happy to know that all the hours spent helped someone :D

36. MCrafterzz

MCrafterzz

- Added Outer Extra Meshes Controlled By Roads option to roundabouts to make their outer extra meshes automaticly fit the roads
    - A road´s extra are now copied over to newly created intersection
    - Removed options to change layer indexes, the layers are now gotten by name
    - Fixed roundabout extra meshes start width sometimes being more than the set start width
    - Fixed roundabout center extra mesh giving errors when width is 0

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  37. MCrafterzz

MCrafterzz

- Added resolution multiplier option to roads and intersections
    - Fixed moving a road point when an intersection was selected ignoring that the road was straight (if it was)
    - Fixed legacy road shader not working correctly for transparent road textures
    - Fixed roads extra meshes not being able to be negative
    - Fixed asphalt intersection and large grid intersection textures not having a transparent background
    - Fixed sidewalk presets missing their sides

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  38. MCrafterzz

MCrafterzz

- Added generate collider option to roads
    - You can now right click on an intersection/roundabout curve point to reset it's position
    - Intersection transforms can now be changed (position only)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    Prodigga and zyzyx like this.
  39. MCrafterzz

MCrafterzz

Changing roundabout/intersection curve points to get a nice curve has been a tedius manual task, but no more! The position should by default be acceptable, resulting in manual tweaking only being needed in very few cases.

- Roundabout and intersection curve points are now much better positioned by default
    - Fixed roundabout max radius not updating when moving connection points or removing connections
    - Fix changing road points with the transform component not respecting that the segment was straight (if it was)
    - Fix changing road points with the transform component splitting segments

Also sorry for so frequent updates but I keep finding improvements to implement and bugs to fix, and want you to get them as quick as possible!

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  40. MCrafterzz

MCrafterzz

It's time for another larger update. Using the tool myself for a game I found out that it worked well and could create great results with it. Something I relized tho was that it was a little bit time consuming as some things were a bit tedious. So I put in some effort to make it a bit more automatic without doing anything crazy and still maintain the same level of customizability, to save everyone's precious time. Firstly I added the option for roundabouts extra meshes to be controlled by the connected roads, then I made the intersection curves better by default so that you don't have to change that manually. Lastly in this update I created a system to generate turn markings in only a few clicks.

- Added options to generate turn markings before intersections, they are controlled per road.
    - Added new options to choose which prefabs to use for turn markings
    - Added Reset Curve Points On Update option to intersections/roundabouts so that their positions automaticly update when moving around roads etc.
    - When Outer Extra Meshes Controlled By Roads option is enabled for roundabouts, the end with of extra meshes now is 0 if the next connection doesn't have any to create a smooth transition instead of a hard edge.
    - Improved lane markings. They now all have their pivot in the center etc.
    - Fixed error when clicking the Reset To Default Values in settings
    - Fixed moving last road point giving an error

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  41. MCrafterzz

MCrafterzz

After some testing I found that the Outer Extra Meshes Controlled By Roads option had a lot of flaws, so this update makes it more reliable!

- Added Extra Meshes Controlled By Roads option to intersections
    - Added Reset Turn Markings button in settings
    - Fixed Extra Meshes Controlled By Roads option not working correctly when some roads were connected with their start point instead of their end point
    - Fixed Extra Meshes Controlled By Roads for roundabouts not working correctly when a road only had extra meshes on the right side
    - Fixed lane markings not being removed when the road is resetted
    - Fixed lane markings not generating the first time a road connects to a intersection/roundabout
    - Fixed error with roundabouts when no roads were connected and outer extra meshes controlled by roads was true
    - Fixed error with roundabouts when extra meshes controlled by roads was true while the extra meshes had a start width or end width of 0.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  42. MCrafterzz

MCrafterzz

Continuing to work on speeding up the creation process, I made it so that you can now copy settings from roads and prefab lines so that you don't have to manually write all values again.

- Added option to flip roads to easly continue adding points on both ends.
    - Added option to flip prefab lines to easly continue adding points on both ends.
    - Middle clicking on another prefab line when a prefab line is selected now copied it's settings.
    - Middle clicking on another road segment when a road object is selected will now copy that road segment's options. The first segment created will now use those values instead of the default ones as long as no preset is used.
    - Fixed prefab lines' bend objects not working when rotation direction is right
    - Fixed moving road points with the transform tool still ignoring if a road segment is curved or not
    - Fixed new road segment's extra meshes being references to the last segment's and not copies
    - Fixed being able to use prefab lines' fill gap and bend obects when rotation direction was forward or backward which created strange results
    - Fixed a bunch of settings not being copied over to the next road segment on creation.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  43. MCrafterzz

MCrafterzz

- Added default lanes option, set this to 0 to disable lane markings by default
    - Added undo support to splitting segments

- You can now move roads start/end point even tho they are connected
    - Road segments are now set to straight after being split

- Fixed error when clicking pre-1.9.0 roads caused by missing lane markings
    - Fixed lane markings not always generating
    - Fixed lane markings rotation often being incorrect
    - Fixed road start lane markings being at the last segment and not the first

- Fixed creating objects with the creation gui creating childs to the first road system in the scene instead of the currently selected
    - Fixed coping prefab line settings with middle click not updating the prefab line automatically

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  44. MCrafterzz

MCrafterzz

- Lane markers options are now only showed if (start/end)lanes are more than 0
    - Start and end marker offsets are now zero by default
    - Fixed lane markings not properly adapting to road height
    - Fixed build failing, resulting in no games that include this tool being able to be exported
    - Fixed road and prefab line road previews when the last segment has two points, acting weird to terrain

IMPORTANT! You have to add these two new layers for the tool to work. You have to manually assign the Intersection material to intersections and click the place prefab button for all prefab lines. I'm sorry for these breaking changes but it does make the tool better going forward.

- Added two more layers: Intersection and Prefab Line
    - You can now select intersection connection points through intersections and roads
    - Fixed many strange interactions between roads and prefab lines
    - Fixed road lane markers being in the incorrect position when a prefab line is on top of it

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  45. MCrafterzz

MCrafterzz

Lots of small improvements and bug fixes!

- You can now hold P down when connecting to an existing intersection/roundabout to keep the segment's position before the move
    - You can now change the visual shape of points. The options are: Cylinder (default), Cube, Sphere and Cone
    - Added option to flip extra mesh uvs

- All colours are now by default partially transparent to not fully block the view of what's under. Your existing colours won't change so click the reset colours button in the settings window to change to these new ones
    - Made bridge pillar placement more exact for longer segments
    - Convert to mesh now supports non-road related objects

- Fixed convert to mesh being broken
    - Fixed road's extra meshes facing the wrong direction by default
    - Fixed some roundabout extra meshes facing the wrong direction by default
    - Fixed intersection extra mesh uvs being broken
    - Fixed bridge pillars being places on roads and intersections
    - Fixed bridge pillars interacting incorrectly with custom bridge meshes
    - Fixed an error when generating a road, intersection or roundabout that had a extra mesh that had both it's start and end width as 0
    - Fixed roundabout center extra meshes being wider than zero even tho the width was zero
    - Fixed extra meshes controlled by roads options for intersections and roundabout not working correctly when a extra mesh had a width of 0 but a y offset of more than 0
    - Fixed error when extra meshes controlled by roads was enabled for a roundabout with only one connection

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  46. anpd03

anpd03

How is the runtime creation support? Is each road one big mesh or smaller segments? Given any thoughts to handle the bending of the roads in a shader to allow for batching/instancing?

47. MCrafterzz

MCrafterzz

Every segment is its own mesh but you can convert a whole road system into one mesh to increase performance but this will take away the possibility to edit it so do that when you're finished.

48. anpd03

anpd03

We do something similar, we bend a straight mesh segment to follow a spline. What we are looking into is doing the bending in a vertex shader to allow us to render all roads with one draw call. Will look at your intersection solution as it looks really good!

49. MCrafterzz

MCrafterzz

Thanks! Have any links to your project?

50. anpd03

anpd03

Not public yet :)