Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Flash Animation Toolset

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BlackMat, Nov 8, 2016.

1. BlackMat

BlackMat

Convert your flash animation for Unity easy!

Links
    -->Site<--
    -->Web Demo<--
    -->Asset Store<--

Features
    • Support all transformations like 'rotation', 'skew' and 'scale' (except 3D)
    • Support all tweens(classic, motion and etc), keyframes and layers
    • Support mask layers
    • Support bitmap and vector graphics
    • Support all clip color effects like 'brightness', 'tint', 'alpha' and etc
    • Support most blending modes (all except Alpha and Erase)
    • Simple runtime API for controlling your animations in Unity
    • Automatic packing texture atlases of animations with different settings
    • Great performance with zero allocations in update loop
    • Frame labels to separate sequences in one timeline
    • Export marked "for export" clips and main timeline
    • Live preview of animations in the Unity editor

Usage Video

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    nicloay and Zimbres like this.
  2. nicloay

nicloay

Looks very promising.
    Is this possible to use renderer to export svg or another vector graphics to the texture? The idea is to make coloring book based on vector source images.

Thanks.

3. BlackMat

BlackMat

Hi! Thank you. No, vector graphics rasterized (in this plugin) in offline on export stage. Look at something like this: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/38258

4. WarpZone

WarpZone

Don't download the free version of this plugin! If you do, it will keep reinstalling itself in your project every time you delete the folder. There is no excuse for this. Absolute garbage. Use any one of their competitors instead.

5. BlackMat

BlackMat

Sorry... but what do you mean? This plugin doesn't do anything like this behaviour! Some people use it and also I use it at work and we didn't notice any problem with deleting the project.

6. BlackMat

BlackMat

Can you post here a video or screenshots with steps to reproduce? Because for now I can't even imagine how this could happen.

7. Kornushin

Kornushin

Hi
    Does your plugin support animation if timescale = 0?

8. BlackMat

BlackMat

No, because animation manager uses Time.deltaTime for update all animations, but it can will be fixed easily (one line in SwfManager.cs)

I'll add this feature in next version. (ignore unity timescale checkbox for group and separate animations)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    nicloay likes this.
  9. WarpZone

WarpZone

It stopped doing it. No idea if restarting my computer helped. But last night, whenever I would close Unity or try to start a new project, it would pop up the downloading window as if I'd clicked Download from the asset store.

Now I'm wondering if it's actually a Unity bug.

I'll take down my review.

nicloay likes this.
  10. BlackMat

BlackMat

OK. But review is still there :(

11. siskavard

siskavard

Hi there! Does this asset require Adobe Animate CC? I tried using the demo with Adobe Flash CS5.5 & got an error. Thanks.

12. BlackMat

BlackMat

Hello! CS6 for animations without shape tweens and Animate CC for otherwise.

13. BlackMat

BlackMat

14. mkg2w

mkg2w

Hi. this looks very interesting. Does it support skinning ? For example, we would animate a manequin (skeleton) object and have an option to apply dress top, bottom, arm , leg and face 'layers' on top of the manequin.

15. BlackMat

BlackMat

Hello! In this moment No. Best way for skeletal animation use Spine or Anima2D or something like this. :) This plugin is more suitable for common flash animations and maximum performance for this with flash specific features like blending or masks. But I planned skinning feature without skeleton (simple support for access for internal animation movie-clips)

16. BlackMat

BlackMat

Flash Animation Toolset on Madness Sale! :)

17. lookingfor

lookingfor

I use the.Swf file exported from flash CS6 to create animations in Unity, but I can't find the frame tags set in flash, but I see some of the items in your example

18. lookingfor

lookingfor

Please tell me how to make my export animation with frame tags. Is it the version I downloaded for free?

19. BlackMat

BlackMat

You should use anchor frame labels for separate timeline to different sequences. Look at fla files from Examples folder.
    Timeline: Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 23.31.51.png

Frame properties: Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 23.32.00.png

For non anchor tags (labels) access you can use SwfClip.currentLabelCount and SwfClip.GetCurrentFrameLabel functions.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  20. lookingfor

lookingfor

What tool are you using to edit the animation? There is no Anchor tag in Flash CS6

21. lookingfor

lookingfor

SwfController.GotoAndPlay ("move", 0), this method is not easy to use when there is no frame tag

22. BlackMat

BlackMat

CS6 have anchor, look more closely to label "Type" Property: View attachment 231359

You can get access to sequence names. SwfClip.clip property return SwfClipAsset. Its contains sequences information, frames information etc.

23. lookingfor

lookingfor

我有一个新问题,Unity 项目中不能同时存在多个动画文件么,我的项目目前存在6个fla文件,我已经导出过他们了,但是我想单独修改其中一个导出会报一个错误, upload_2017-5-27_19-44-57.png 请问您有解决方法么

Attached Files:

24. lookingfor

lookingfor

I have a new problem, not the Unity project in the presence of multiple animation files at the same time, my project currently has 6 fla files, I have derived from them, but I want to be alone to modify one of export will be reported a mistake, upload_2017-5-27_19-45-38.png do you have a solution.

25. BlackMat

BlackMat

You have been using a trial version of plugin. It allows to have in a project only 5 assets of animation, because it's the version for evaluation purpose only. You can buy full version to have no limits for quantity of animations.

26. Isaleus

Isaleus

Hello !

This add-on is exactly what we are looking for. Before buying the full version, we have a problem we would like to solve.
    When importing the .swf file obtained with the FlashExport script, Unity pull out this error :

[FlashTools] Parsing swf error: Imported .swf file contains vector graphics. You should use Tools/FlashExport.jsfl script for prepare .fla file
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogErrorFormat(String, Object[])
    FTEditor.Postprocessors.SwfPostprocessor:SafeLoadSwfAsset(String, SwfAsset)
    FTEditor.Postprocessors.<SwfFileProcess>c__AnonStorey1:<>m__0(SwfAsset, Boolean)
    FTEditor.SwfEditorUtils:LoadOrCreateAsset(String, Func`3)
    FTEditor.Postprocessors.SwfPostprocessor:SwfFileProcess(String)
    FTEditor.Postprocessors.<OnPostprocessAllAssets>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0()
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallDelayFunctions()

This is strange, since we have succeeded in importing many .swf file before. This occur only with most recent flash animations made by our artist, the old ones still work fine.
    Do you have any idea on what could cause this ?

We are using Flash Pro CS6.

Thank you for your time.

27. BlackMat

BlackMat

Please send me this animation and I'll check it! (.fla) And in a few days the new version will show up (trial version will be updated too. it's too outdated)

28. BlackMat

BlackMat

29. BlackMat

BlackMat

30. Isaleus

Isaleus

Hi Blackmat, thanks again for your help!

I have a more broad question and thought it could interest other users :

What is the best way to make a sequence follow another? More precisely, how enable a sequence to play when another is finished?

See, I have this animation where a mole pop out its hole ("open" sequence). When this animation is over, I want the "idle" sequence to play immediately after the last frame of the "open" sequence.
    I thought using one of the events in the SwfClip classes but couldn't find the right one. But maybe there is a built in fonction I missed to do just that?

31. BlackMat

BlackMat

SwfController has some events like a "OnStopPlayingEvent". Also you can use coroutines (look at PurpleFlowerLogic.cs in example)

32. Isaleus

Isaleus

Ah, I see! I discarded "OnStopPlayingEvent" because I wasn't using it correctly.

My bad. Now it works like a charm, thank you!

33. BlackMat

BlackMat

You are welcome :)

34. BlackMat

BlackMat

35. RobinBlancOSG

RobinBlancOSG

Hi blackmat!

I started using your tool for a project we're developing at Old Skull Games. We encountered some issues with exporting times, which take multiple hours for complex Flash files. Do you have some tips to prevent this, or some advices we should follow to decrese export time of our animations ?

Thanks a lot!

36. BlackMat

BlackMat

Hi RobinBlancOSG :) You can send me this .fla and I'll look at main problem.

37. RobinBlancOSG

RobinBlancOSG

Unfortunately we're under NDA, so I can't send you any file we're working on ...

Our 2D animator has however some ideas of what could be possibly overkill for the export process.
    Here are his thoughts :
    - Is having a hierarchy with multiple clips into multiple clips into multiple clips (etc) a bad structure ?
    - Is there a maximum frame count we should respect into a simple clip ?

Hoping you can give us some feedbacks :)

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  38. BlackMat

BlackMat

Long animations (like movies) can create such problems. A lot of different clips in the animation too. Each animation is one texture atlas. It is better to divide different animations into different .fla files.

And look at the animation in the examples. This is an ideal way to split and use this plugin. :)

39. RobinBlancOSG

RobinBlancOSG

Agreed that different animations should be separate into different atlases. Whe already created .fla files that worked very well, but we encounter some issues while working with original files from the animated series we're working on, because thay have huge clip hierarchies. These files in particular need hours to export, even after we reworked them to fit our game.

That's why we're now tracking which potential actions in our .fla files can cause such exporting time :)

40. BlackMat

BlackMat

I really want to help! but without examples I'm powerless :(

41. RobinBlancOSG

RobinBlancOSG

I'll try to know if you could sign a NDA so that I can send you our files :)

Your help would be really useful!

[EDIT] : I'll have to wait for Monday for that. We can continue by PM if you want. Thanks for the quick help tho ;)

42. withggdev

withggdev

Hi~!

The anchor(pivot) position of the animated clip imported from Unity is different.

How can I set the anchor(pivot) to the center in Flash?
    left top is the default.

43. BlackMat

BlackMat

Plugin use (0,0) coordinates in Flash as pivot. In the Stage it's left top corner, but in library symbols it's center.

44. Liklain

Liklain

Hello!
    Got this error in Flash CS6 when trying to export with trial version 1.3.9:
    At line 909 of file "Assets/FlashTools/FlashExport/Internal/FTMain.jsfl":
    ReferenceError: ft is not defined

45. BlackMat

BlackMat

Hello Liklain!

I hope have you tried FlashExport.jsfl script for export (not FTMain)?
    Also you can try more newest Adobe Flash (Adobe Animate) because CS6 not support some features of plugin.

46. Liklain

Liklain

Yes, I tried FlashExport.jsfl, FlashExport_SD.jsfl and FlashExport_HD.jsfl with example .fla files
    Now only have CS6, will try to find the newest Adobe Flash

47. Liklain

Liklain

Script works without errors with Adobe Animate CC

I'm using Adobe Animate CC (18.0 Build 107) and Unity 2017.2.0f3 + Flash Animation Toolset 1.3.9 (Trial)
    And have two errors:

1. The error showing up in Editor's console after selecting imported animation:
    MissingFieldException: Field 'UnityEditor.PreviewRenderUtility.camera' not found.
    UnityEditor.ObjectPreview.OnInteractivePreviewGUI (Rect r, UnityEngine.GUIStyle background) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/Editor.cs:114)
    UnityEditor.ObjectPreview.DrawPreview (IPreviewable defaultPreview, Rect previewArea, UnityEngine.Object[] targets) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/Editor.cs:223)
    UnityEditor.ObjectPreview.DrawPreview (Rect previewArea) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/Editor.cs:127)
    FTEditor.Editors.SwfClipEditor.OnPreviewGUI (Rect r, UnityEngine.GUIStyle background)
    UnityEditor.Editor.OnInteractivePreviewGUI (Rect r, UnityEngine.GUIStyle background) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/EditorBindings.gen.cs:362)
    UnityEditor.ObjectPreview.DrawPreview (IPreviewable defaultPreview, Rect previewArea, UnityEngine.Object[] targets) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/Editor.cs:223)
    UnityEditor.Editor.DrawPreview (Rect previewArea) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/Editor.cs:601)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawPreviewAndLabels () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:758)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.OnGUI () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:398)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:285)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:278)
    UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (Rect onGUIPosition) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:245)

2. Import failed for one of converted files:
    [FlashTools]</b> Parsing swf error: Failed to read past end of stream.
    Path: Assets/Resources/blockers_tmp_2.fla_export/blockers_tmp_2.fla.swf
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogErrorFormat(Object, String, Object[])
    FTEditor.Postprocessors.SwfPostprocessor:SafeLoadSwfAsset(String, String, SwfAsset)
    FTEditor.Postprocessors.<SwfFileProcess>c__AnonStorey1:<>m__0(SwfAsset, Boolean)
    FTEditor.SwfEditorUtils:LoadOrCreateAsset(String, Func`3)
    FTEditor.Postprocessors.SwfPostprocessor:SwfFileProcess(String)
    FTEditor.Postprocessors.<OnPostprocessAllAssets>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0()
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallDelayFunctions()
    What the reason might be?

48. BlackMat

BlackMat

This have happened because Unity not upgrade dll code automatically (because can't do it) You can use trial in older Unity version (5.x for example) while I will be fixing this issue.

Thank you for your bug report!

P.S.
    Full version haven't this problem because it contains full source code which Unity automatically upgrade.

49. sathya

sathya

@blackmat Hi, Can we use flash animation toolset along with UI elements as a UI part? from what I understood we can to keep the animation in separate render order. but when having a deep UI structure it's not very easy to do insert a flash animation. Do you have any plans to support unity UI?

50. BlackMat

BlackMat

Hi! Yes, I have some plan for this feature. But so far it is necessary to use sub-canvases and manual sorting in UGUI :(

sathya likes this.