Search Unity

Bug [1.21.9] Build to CCD not working properly

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Content Delivery' started by optimise, Nov 9, 2022.

1. optimise

optimise

Addressbles 1.21.1
    Unity 2022.2.0b13

At Addressbles Groups window, select Build to CCD menu - Default Build Script then after waiting for build finish then the upload CDD will failed and get the following 3 errors.

I would like official to provide or point me the which part of code to hotfix this issue locally first since official release is just takes too long time to have new release. Not really want to wait for like few weeks to get a fix.

Unity.Services.Ccd.Management.CcdManagementException: (404) HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found ---> Unity.Services.Ccd.Management.Http.HttpException`1[Unity.Services.Ccd.Management.Models.InlineResponse404]: (404) HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
    at Unity.Services.Ccd.Management.Http.ResponseHandler.HandleAsyncResponse (Unity.Services.Ccd.Management.Http.HttpClientResponse response, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue] statusCodeToTypeMap) [0x0006d] in C:\xxx\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.services.ccd.management@2.1.0\Editor\Http\ResponseHandler.cs:103
    at Unity.Services.Ccd.Management.Http.ResponseHandler.HandleAsyncResponse[T] (Unity.Services.Ccd.Management.Http.HttpClientResponse response, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue] statusCodeToTypeMap) [0x00000] in C:\xxx\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.services.ccd.management@2.1.0\Editor\Http\ResponseHandler.cs:186
    at Unity.Services.Ccd.Management.Apis.Entries.EntriesApiClient.CreateOrUpdateEntryByPathEnvAsync (Unity.Services.Ccd.Management.Entries.CreateOrUpdateEntryByPathEnvRequest request, Unity.Services.Ccd.Management.Configuration operationConfiguration) [0x00182] in C:\xxx\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.services.ccd.management@2.1.0\Editor\Apis\EntriesApi.cs:372
    at Unity.Services.Ccd.Management.WrappedCcdManagementService.TryCatchRequest[TRequest,TReturn] (System.Func`3[T1,T2,TResult] func, TRequest request) [0x00151] in C:\bxxx\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.services.ccd.management@2.1.0\Editor\SDK\WrappedCcdManagementService.cs:789
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at Unity.Services.Ccd.Management.WrappedCcdManagementService.ResolveErrorWrapping (System.Int32 reason, System.Exception exception) [0x00190] in C:\xxx\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.services.ccd.management@2.1.0\Editor\SDK\WrappedCcdManagementService.cs:881
    at Unity.Services.Ccd.Management.WrappedCcdManagementService.TryCatchRequest[TRequest,TReturn] (System.Func`3[T1,T2,TResult] func, TRequest request) [0x00312] in C:\xxx\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.services.ccd.management@2.1.0\Editor\SDK\WrappedCcdManagementService.cs:801
    at Unity.Services.Ccd.Management.WrappedCcdManagementService.CreateOrUpdateEntryByPathAsync (Unity.Services.Ccd.Management.EntryByPathOptions entryByPathOptions, Unity.Services.Ccd.Management.EntryModelOptions entry) [0x000ba] in C:\xxx\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.services.ccd.management@2.1.0\Editor\SDK\WrappedCcdManagementService.cs:344
    at UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.Build.CcdBuildEvents.UploadContentState (UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.Build.AddressablesDataBuilderInput input, UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.Build.AddressablesPlayerBuildResult result) [0x000c0] in C:\xxx\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.addressables@1.21.1\Editor\Build\CcdBuildEvents.cs:415
    System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback:performWaitCallback ()

Null
    UnityEngine.UnitySynchronizationContext:ExecuteTasks ()

Exception: CCD content post-build failure
    UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.Settings.AddressableAssetSettings.BuildAndReleasePlayerContent (System.Boolean isUpdate) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.21.1/Editor/Settings/AddressableAssetSettings.cs:2639)
    UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.GUI.AddressableAssetsSettingsGroupEditor.OnBuildCcd (UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.GUI.AddressableAssetsSettingsGroupEditor+BuildMenuContext context) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.21.1/Editor/GUI/AddressableAssetsSettingsGroupEditor.cs:540)
    System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore+<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__7_0 (System.Object state) (at <778dcb27abce4563a44dfeceaafaafa1>:0)
    UnityEngine.UnitySynchronizationContext+WorkRequest.Invoke () (at <955e62a4b6c64c35bd819ce8bcb06a90>:0)
    UnityEngine.UnitySynchronizationContext.Exec () (at <955e62a4b6c64c35bd819ce8bcb06a90>:0)
    UnityEngine.UnitySynchronizationContext.ExecuteTasks () (at <955e62a4b6c64c35bd819ce8bcb06a90>:0)

2. optimise

optimise

Hi. Any new update for this issue?

3. SebT_Unity

SebT_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi Optimise,
    Thanks for your message and apologies for the late reply.

Could you share the size of your uploads?
    We will try to reproduce locally so we can give you a workaround?

Look forward to your message.

Best,
    Seb

4. SebT_Unity

SebT_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi Optimise,
    I was able to reproduce exactly the same problem in version 2022.2.0b8
    I will log a bug ticket right away.

You should still be able to build using
    Build > New Build > Default Build script

Then uploading your assets manually through the dashboard.

Thanks so much for reporting this.

optimise likes this.
  5. optimise

optimise

How's the progress of this issue?

6. optimise

optimise

Hi. Any new update?

7. SebT_Unity

SebT_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi Optimise, Sorry I missed the earlier ping.
    Let me poke the developers see if I can get more information. At the moment I can see it as a task todo. I will raise this issue and post back here as soon as I have more information.

Best,
    Seb

optimise likes this.
  8. optimise

optimise

From my testing, it's still not working yet at latest Addressable 1.21.2 with Unity 2022.2.5f1.

SebT_Unity likes this.
  9. SebT_Unity

SebT_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi Optimise,
    The release is pending deployment, the issue described above should be resolved in this version.
    Unfortunately I don't have any information on any dates.

I will come back and post here and maybe you will see it on the addressables forums as well.

optimise likes this.
  10. ITEnot

ITEnot

Any updates?
    2022.2.1f1 Addressables 1.21.8, same issue

SebT_Unity likes this.
  11. SebT_Unity

SebT_Unity

Unity Technologies

Thanks for reporting this.
    This should have been fixed with 1.21.8. Let me review with our developers and get back to you with more information.

12. optimise

optimise

Update to latest 1.21.9 still not working

SebT_Unity likes this.
  13. SebT_Unity

SebT_Unity

Unity Technologies

Thanks Optimise let me bring this back to the developers, I was able to repro locally this was my error
    When I use Build to CCD local script > Default Local script as you mentioned above. I thought this was fixed but it seems we are still getting the error.
    upload_2023-3-17_13-49-15.png

Could you confirm that you saw this happening when you migrated to a new addressables version? 1.19.X > 1.21.X

14. dnnkeeper

dnnkeeper

I encountered the same error with Addressables 1.21.2 and CCDManagement 2.1.0 and Unity 2022.1.21f1. I uploaded one bucket successfully today but failed to upload it again after building new assets.

Attached Files:

15. SebT_Unity

SebT_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi Folks,
    It seems this is happening when upgrading from Older versions of addressables + CCD management.
    At the moment if you are using 1.19.X and 1.XX.X of the packages please do not upgrade to newer versions of addressables

I will try to find a workaround for those who have updated and post back here.

16. SebT_Unity

SebT_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience here. If you did end up upgrading and are getting the results posted by some users in this thread. I suggest the following workaround.Please note you may have to upload your files and create a new build script.

Update to the latest version of Addressables:
    "com.unity.addressables": "1.21.9",

Go to Window > Asset Management > Addressables > Profiles

In the profiles window click on Create and select Build and Load Path Variables
    upload_2023-3-29_19-3-43.png

Name your prefix and click Save

While in the profile window, Select the profile you are using with your project and use the dropdown to select your bucket/environment from Cloud Content Delivery.
    upload_2023-3-29_19-20-26.png

Go to Window > Asset Management > Addressables > Settings
    Make sure your Build and load paths point to the new settings
    upload_2023-3-29_19-10-55.png

Go to Window > Asset Management > Addressables > Groups
    Click on you Addressables group you want to load and under Content Packing and Loading select the new settings
    upload_2023-3-29_19-11-54.png

When complete, you can now build directly to CCD by clicking on the Build To CCD drop down and selecting Default Build script or try to update a previous build.
    upload_2023-3-29_19-12-29.png

Hope this workaround works for the folks who reported this problem.

Best,
    Seb

dnnkeeper likes this.
  17. MidniteOil

MidniteOil

I hate to resurrect a necro thread but I have created a brand new project in Unity 2023.2.1f1 and imported some music files, made them addressable and am trying to build them to cloud content delivery.

I'm getting this error:
    upload_2024-1-1_19-11-54.png

Here's some screen shots of my settings
    upload_2024-1-1_19-7-38.png
    upload_2024-1-1_19-10-4.png

upload_2024-1-1_18-57-48.png

Any idea what I'm missing or doing wrong? My GoogleFoo has failed me.

Attached Files:

18. MidniteOil

MidniteOil

Looks like I needed to click the Include in Build checkbox. Now I'm getting a 401 Unauthorized error.

19. jae026

jae026

You ever resolve this error? I am at this point now.

20. TS-Trooper

TS-Trooper

I have the same issue (or similar at least) when updating from Addressables 1.21.19 / CCD management 2.1.0 to Addressables 1.21.20 / CCD Managmenet 2.2.2