Search Unity

[1.0.0-preview.5] PlayerInput is executed on prefabs in the project view

Discussion in 'Input System' started by Saucyminator, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Saucyminator

Saucyminator

Hi, I'm having some trouble with version [1.0.0-preview.5] (worked great in preview.3) where the scene inputs are being listened on my prefabs in the project view and ends up throwing
    NullReferenceException while executing 'performed' callbacks of 'Player/Attack[/Mouse/leftButton]'
    errors.

As a test I created an empty scene:
    1. Added empty GameObject with PlayerInputManager
    2. Created a new empty GameObject, added PlayerInput component and made it a Player prefab, changed Behavior to Invoke Unity Events
    3. Referenced the new Player prefab in the PlayerInputManager

I play the scene and I get calls to functions that only exist on my OLD Player prefab. My OLD Player prefab has the PlayerInput behavior of Invoking Unity Events and calls functions on a script that's attached to my OLD Player prefab.

Using Unity 2019.3.1f1, Windows 10 Pro. Let me know if you want a gitlab link to my project.

2. Zagganoth

Zagganoth

I am also experiencing this strange behaviour. For some reason playerinput keeps being called on my prefab and giving errors

3. Rene-Damm

Rene-Damm

Hi, would you mind filing a ticket with the Unity bug reporter? Just to make sure this isn't getting lost somewhere but gets properly tracked and verified by our QA guys.

4. transat

transat

Is there a ticket you could share so that I can track progress on this? Also experiencing this.

5. transat

transat

I'm getting also getting that error for a bunch of actions...

eg.

Code (CSharp):
    2. NullReferenceException while executing 'performed' callbacks of 'Character/action[/DualShock4GamepadHID/buttonWest,/Gamepad/buttonWest]'
    3. UnityEngine.InputSystem.LowLevel.<>c__DisplayClass7_0:<set_onUpdate>b__0(NativeInputUpdateType, NativeInputEventBuffer*)
    4. UnityEngineInternal.Input.NativeInputSystem:NotifyUpdate(NativeInputUpdateType, IntPtr) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/Input/Private/Input.cs:120)

6. transat

transat

I'm getting this possibly related error:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Cannot find action 'HorseMovement/reload[/Keyboard/r,/DualShock4GamepadHID/dpad/left]' with ID 'a9ea6be9-f30b-4f57-a966-73b6d7cc1cf3' in 'StandardControls (UnityEngine.InputSystem.InputActionAsset)
    2. UnityEngine.InputSystem.PlayerInput:OnEnable() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.inputsystem@1.0.0-preview.6/InputSystem/Plugins/PlayerInput/PlayerInput.cs:1546)
    But I haven't used an action map called HorseMovement for a long time. Searching for that string in my project reveals that it exists in a few asset files: a character prefab I am no longer including in my scene, and in a few of my scene files, including the one I'm currently working on for some mysterious reason...

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 8.03.25 pm.png

Looks like the reference is a bit too persistent for some reason, @Rene-Damm ?