Search Unity

1.0.0-preview.18 - please update the thread

Discussion in 'UI Toolkit' started by zim22, Oct 12, 2021.

1. zim22

zim22

herkip and LoicLeGrosFrere like this.
  2. JuliaP_Unity

JuliaP_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hello, the main topic (the one you linked to) has been updated with the changes - is there anything else we're missing?

3. It would be great if you would include the info about the 2021.2 and 2022.1 lines too. Which version will contain the feature set / fixes you released here? Since those contain the UI Toolkit and the Builder we don't know what is the version we're working with if we use those. I know we probably could compare release notes, but that is a bit tedious.
    Here, on the Toolkit forum everything is in UI Toolkit version number. Or I'm missing something.

4. JuliaP_Unity

JuliaP_Unity

Unity Technologies

You're right that we mostly talk about the package version numbers, especially since UI Toolkit with Runtime support is not on an LTS version yet (it'll be in 2021 LTS).

Assume that everything that also applies to the built in version, was fixed first in the built in version and then ported to the package. Right now both the UI Toolkit and UI Builder packages are in maintenance mode, we pick and choose some fixes to apply to them.

If you want to make sure to get the best of UI Toolkit and UI Builder, including new features, you have to stick with 2021.2+.

Hope this explanation helps! I'm bringing it to the team so that upcoming announcements can make this more clear to everyone.

Lurking-Ninja likes this.
  5. Thanks, so in short: whatever we see in any packages is already in the mainline Unity alpha/beta versions.

6. JuliaP_Unity

JuliaP_Unity

Unity Technologies

Yes!