Search Unity

Resolved [1.0.0-exp.8] Entities Hierarchy window completely broken

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by optimise, Oct 20, 2022.

1. optimise

optimise

Entities Hierarchy window currently is completely broken at my production project. It just stuck at loading forever. Seems like it's over the text length limit. Can official point me the code to hotfix this bug?

ArgumentException: FixedString64Bytes: Truncation while copying "TMP SubMeshUI [calibri-regular Atlas Material + LiberationSans SDF Atlas]"
    Unity.Collections.FixedString64Bytes.CheckCopyError (Unity.Collections.CopyError error, System.String source) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collections@2.1.0-exp.4/Unity.Collections/FixedString.gen.cs:2214)
    Unity.Collections.FixedString64Bytes..ctor (System.String source) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collections@2.1.0-exp.4/Unity.Collections/FixedString.gen.cs:1628)
    Unity.Collections.FixedString64Bytes.op_Implicit (System.String b) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collections@2.1.0-exp.4/Unity.Collections/FixedString.gen.cs:2140)
    Unity.Entities.Editor.HierarchyNameStore.IntegrateGameObjectChangeEvents (Unity.Collections.NativeArray`1[T] events) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@1.0.0-exp.8/Unity.Entities.Editor/Hierarchy/Model/HierarchyNameStore.cs:308)
    Unity.Entities.Editor.HierarchyNameStore.IntegrateGameObjectChanges (Unity.Entities.Editor.HierarchyGameObjectChanges changes) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@1.0.0-exp.8/Unity.Entities.Editor/Hierarchy/Model/HierarchyNameStore.cs:265)
    Unity.Entities.Editor.HierarchyUpdater.MoveNext () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@1.0.0-exp.8/Unity.Entities.Editor/Hierarchy/Model/HierarchyUpdater.cs:312)
    Unity.Entities.Editor.Hierarchy.Update () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@1.0.0-exp.8/Unity.Entities.Editor/Hierarchy/Model/Hierarchy.cs:517)
    Unity.Entities.Editor.HierarchyWindow.OnUpdate () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@1.0.0-exp.8/Unity.Entities.Editor/Hierarchy/HierarchyWindow.cs:298)
    Unity.Entities.Editor.DOTSEditorWindow.Update () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@1.0.0-exp.8/Unity.Entities.Editor/Common/DOTSEditorWindow.cs:196)
    UnityEditor.HostView.SendUpdate () (at <f0ee2a9540cd43e39476c433595ea0f7>:0)
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallUpdateFunctions () (at <f0ee2a9540cd43e39476c433595ea0f7>:0)

2. scottjdaley

scottjdaley

I ran into the same issue. Some of my game objects had names that exceeded the FixedString64Bytes limit that the entity hierarchy window imposes. Shortening the name of the game objects fixed the issue for me. Not sure if there is another workaround.

3. muntes

muntes

Same issue here, I have thousands of assets that are generated by users with long names, is there a way to workaround this without renaming all those assets?