Search Unity

Resolved [1.0.0-exp.8]: EntityCommandBufferSystem.Singleton and ICustomBootstrap - HOW?

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by Fribur, Oct 3, 2022.

1. Fribur

Fribur

Got a very simple ICustomBootstrap and cannot figure out how the get the EntityCommandBufferSystem Singletons into the second world: as you can see in the picture: one world has two Singletons, and the other zero. Obviously the call to SystemAPI.GetSingleton<Any EntityCommandBufferSystem.Singleton>() fails in both world as a consequence of that. Stupid mistake on my end or bug in Entities [1.0.0-exp.8]?
    upload_2022-10-3_13-0-22.png
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public class LoadingWorldBootStrap : ICustomBootstrap
    2. {
    3.     public bool Initialize(string defaultWorldName)
    4.     {
    5.         World.DefaultGameObjectInjectionWorld = new World("My Default World");
    6.         var anotherWorld = new World("AnotherWorld");
    9.         var systems = DefaultWorldInitialization.GetAllSystems(WorldSystemFilterFlags.Default);
    10.         DefaultWorldInitialization.AddSystemsToRootLevelSystemGroups(World.DefaultGameObjectInjectionWorld, systems);
    11.         ScriptBehaviourUpdateOrder.AppendWorldToCurrentPlayerLoop(World.DefaultGameObjectInjectionWorld);
    13.         DefaultWorldInitialization.AddSystemsToRootLevelSystemGroups(anotherWorld, systems);
    14.         ScriptBehaviourUpdateOrder.AppendWorldToCurrentPlayerLoop(anotherWorld);
    15.         return true;
    16.     }
    17. }

Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
  2. Fribur

Fribur

Never mind. Turns out everything was just fine and the issue above was a stupid mistake on my end after all. The following innocuous little line moved ALL entities from "anotherWorld" (which I use as a loading/staging World) to the Default World, INLCUDING the ECB singleton.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. _entityManager.MoveEntitiesFrom(anotherWorldEntityManager);
    Which of course leads to a duplication of the ECB Singleton in the Default world, and 0 Singletons in "anotherWorld"