Search Unity

[0x80010005] Storage cannot be accessed

Discussion in 'PSM' started by eviltenchi_84, May 8, 2014.

1. eviltenchi_84

eviltenchi_84

I keep getting this whenever I build. there are save functions in the game so obviously nothing happens when they run. There is a 32gb SD card in the Vita so I am confused as to why this would happen. Also, the project being used was made with the Vita version of Unity (not PSM Unity). Maybe the PSM version cannot use the same code as the Vita version? Any help would be appreciated.

2. PeterD

PeterD

What storage are you trying to access?

Things like the resource directory where the app lives are read only and can't be written to but, the apps standard document directory can be used to store files that need to live between play sessions etc. etc.

You also can't write to areas of storage that the app doesn't own. This is to prevent various malicious acts by software, such as bricking the unit it's running on.

Edit In this case that error would suggest the file you are trying to read doesn't exist.

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  3. eviltenchi_84

eviltenchi_84

The code I am using works on the Vita Dev Kit. It correctly writes to the sd card of the device. For some reason, the same code will not execute on the retail vita via PSM.

4. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

What save code you using? Player prefs work, if your using the official sony saving feature, i don't believe its available for Unity-PSM, as it is separate from the Unity-Vita.

Best example images i can find from Google below, this is not a Unity-PSM feature as far as i'm aware, only full Unity-Vita.

$2012-09-03-025444.jpg

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  5. eviltenchi_84

eviltenchi_84

Thanks for the info. I was using the official sony saving features. If they are indeed not supported, I will forego using psm for now,

6. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

It would be nice for a second opinion but i've not seen or heard anything about it, same with trophy support.
    In-app purchases are coming next update, but not sure on that style of saving or trophies.
    Hopefully one of the higher ups or Unity Devs will comment. :-D

7. totsboy

totsboy

I'm getting the same error, but I'm not using the sony saving features, at least not that i'm aware of.
    What could it be?

8. eriQue

eriQue

Unity Technologies

Let's not confuse Unity-for-PSM with Unity's support for 'native' PS Vita.
    They are very different in couple of aspects - file I/O is one of them.

There are fundamentally only 3 paths available to a PSM app :

/Application ; This is where your application data is stored. Path is read-only. UnityEngine.Application.dataPath and .streamingAssetsPath use the /Application prefix

/Documents ; This where your application can store settings, player data, any kind of data that you want to be kept until next time you play the game. UnityEngine.Application.persistentDataPath points to this path, and PlayerPrefs are stored in a file under /Documents.

/Temp ; This is where you can store transient data. This folder may be wiped when your application is terminated. UnityEngine.Application.temporaryCachePath points to this path.

9. eriQue

eriQue

Unity Technologies

Unity-for-PSM does not use the native PS Vita save game mechanism to store the application data (i.e /Documents).

10. totsboy

totsboy

Everything is working now, I just needed to install the PSM SDK

11. eriQue

eriQue

Unity Technologies

Eh wot? That must be a coincidence - the PSM SDK is definitely not needed for Unity-for-PSM..