Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved 0a6 - bee_backend does not exist?

Discussion in '2021.1 Beta' started by adamgolden, Nov 19, 2020.

1. adamgolden

adamgolden

After upgrading 0a5 project to 0a6, have this exception in console, unable to enter play mode,
    Internal build system error. Backend exited with code 123.
    Failed to run C:\wamp64\www\unity\editors\2021.1.0a6\Editor\Data\bee_backend.exe as the executable did not exist

Going back to 0a5 for now - figured I should mention it.

2. adamgolden

adamgolden

av_bee_backend.jpg
    Antivirus. That didn't happen with 0a5.

3. elJoel

elJoel

I'm getting this error with 0a6:
    'C:/Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

4. darkydoodle

darkydoodle

I have more or less the same problem :
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Attempted to run ScriptUpdater for Csc Library/Bee/artifacts/1900b0aEDbg.dag/Unity.InputSystem.dll (+2 others), but ScriptUpdater exited with code -532462766 and stdout:
    2. Unhandled exception. System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    3. ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\(...)\Unity[^\]+(\.ref)?\.dll$'.
    Got also back to 0a5 and it's working...
    Didn't have the windows antivirus problem though (I checked the reports)

5. adamgolden

adamgolden

I did get 0a6 working later by reinstalling it - I got the notification re that file again. You have to open details, open the dropdown and change which action to perform to "allow on system" or it gets deleted from quarantine instead of being restored/allowed. I also had to close the editor after allowing it then open the editor again before everything was working.

6. adamgolden

adamgolden

You could try changing installation path in Unity Hub preferences before downloading to a path without a space in it - I presume you had it somewhere under "C:\Program Files"?

7. Lucas-Meijer

Lucas-Meijer

Unity Technologies

Thanks for the bugreport. This is a legit problem in the beta that I caused. There are two distinct problems:

- the new binary called bee_backend.exe that is used in the new scripting compilation pipeline is not signed.
    - there's a bug where IL postprocessors used in dots fail to run if the editor lives in a location on disk that has a space in it.

We'll get fixes for these in asap. Workarounds for these issues are for 1) convince your antivirus that bee_backend.exe is not evil. for 2) temporarily move the beta editor install to a location on disk without a space.

Apologies for the inconvenience. Hopefully the improved script compilation times make up for them.

Bye, Lucas

Lionious, adamgolden and darkydoodle like this.
  8. duartedd

duartedd

I got this in 2021.1.16f1 - excluded it from the AV but it is weird caused a bunch of the warnings to become Errors - like use the new keyword if hiding was intended and when i fix that error (although it was just a warning before and says warning CS0108 ) it just pops up another warning error for me to fix but its not alll warnings either.

ScottAdams likes this.
  9. duartedd

duartedd

ya the 30 warnings after each compile turns into an error as i resolve the error it recompiles and another warning becomes an error and then another and so on

ScottAdams likes this.
  10. duartedd

duartedd

11. duartedd

duartedd

also had to exclude csharp dll in the library folder too

Attached Files:

ScottAdams likes this.
  12. duartedd

duartedd

removed the bee folder in library - rebooted then removed the assembly sharp dll file and then reopened unity - resolved

lmhettiarachchi likes this.
  13. ScottAdams

ScottAdams

Started getting the error in 2021.1.25f1 through 2021.2.0f while using Bitdefender. Will try removing the library and rebuilding

14. harish9999

harish9999

i am using 2022.1.0f1 version and after i opened my project this morning there is a compiler error:

Internal build system error. Backend exited with code 2.
    [W] Library/Bee/TundraBuildState.state.map: Bad mmap size 0 - need at least 20 bytes
    tundra: error: munmap(0xffffffffffffffff, 0) failed
    errno: 22 (Invalid argument)