Search Unity

'0' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by chayan_guha, May 17, 2021.

1. chayan_guha

chayan_guha

I have again started learning Unity and using Unity Editor v.2021.1.7f1 and UnityHub. When I am creating a new project it's asking me to open it in safe mode. Following message is displayed in the console when the Editor opens up in the safe mode.

'0' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.'

I have tried to update all the default packages which came with it but without any luck.

I can't proceed with my work can anyone help me regarding this issue ?

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

How to understand compiler and other errors and even fix them yourself:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/ass...3-syntax-error-expected.1039702/#post-6730855

The important parts of an error message are:
    - the description of the error itself (google this; you are NEVER the first one!)
    - the file it occurred in (critical!)
    - the line number and character position (the two numbers in parentheses)

All of that information is in the actual error message and you must pay attention to it. Learn how to identify it instantly so you don't have to stop your progress and fiddle around with the forum.

It's possible this is Unity's fault for barfing too many useless packages into your project. If the issue is within a package and you don't NEED the package, try removing it. Some examples of commonly useless packages that get included anyway and regularly cause new users problems include:

- collab
    - analytics
    - purchasing
    - rider

Again, any package you don't need, remove it.

chayan_guha likes this.
  3. chayan_guha

chayan_guha

So far , I have reinstalled including Android and OpenJDK and that particular message is not appearing anymore but new one has come up and it says "
    Microsoft (R) Visual C# Compiler version 3.5.0-dev-20359-01 (8da8ba0c)
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved."

I do have Visual C# in my system. Do I have to add the C# in my environment variable ?