Search Unity

0.9.6-preview now available

Discussion in 'Input System' started by dougpunity3d, Sep 6, 2019.

1. dougpunity3d

dougpunity3d

Unity Technologies

[0.9.6-preview] - 2019-9-6
    Fixed
    • Exceptions in scenes of Visualizers sample if respective device was not present on system (e.g. in PenVisualizer if no pen was present in system).
    • Fixed exception in Input Action Asset Editor window when typing whitespace into the search field.
    • Fixed control scheme popup window in input action asset editor window showing in the correct screen position on windows.
    Actions
    • Setting timeouts from IInputInteraction.Process not working as expected when processing happened in response to previous timeout expiring (#714).
    • Pending timeouts on a device not being removed when device was removed.
    Changed
    • Replaced HIDSupport.shouldCreateHID event with a new HIDSupport.supportedHIDUsages property, which takes an array of supported usages.
    Added
    Actions
    • Added PlayerInput.neverAutoSwitchControlSchemes to disable logic that automatically enables control scheme switching when there is only a single PlayerInput in the game.
    • Added PlayerInput.SwitchControlScheme to switch schemes manually.

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Invoke Unity Events is broken on Player Input component in this release.

Heimlink likes this.
  3. Heimlink

Heimlink

I can't see my control's events in the Invoke Unity Events option. The issue also appears present in the sample project (SimpleDemo_UsingPlayerInput scene).
    Screen Shot 2019-09-07 at 5.54.57 pm.png

4. Laicasaane

Laicasaane

It throws null exceptions when I try to inspect the PlayerInput. The issue is at the line 442 in PlayerInputEditor.cs.

Code (csharp):
    1. ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    2. Parameter name: source
    3. System.Linq.Enumerable.Any[TSource] (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] source, System.Func`2[T,TResult] predicate) (at <fc8f020b2cc84cefa8241445cf28089b>:0)
    4. UnityEngine.InputSystem.Editor.PlayerInputEditor.OnActionAssetChange () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.inputsystem@0.9.6-preview/InputSystem/Plugins/PlayerInput/PlayerInputEditor.cs:442)
    5. UnityEngine.InputSystem.Editor.PlayerInputEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.inputsystem@0.9.6-preview/InputSystem/Plugins/PlayerInput/PlayerInputEditor.cs:61)
    6. UnityEditor.UIElements.InspectorElement+<CreateIMGUIInspectorFromEditor>c__AnonStorey1.<>m__0 () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorElement.cs:462)
    7. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
    Heimlink likes this.
  5. transat

transat

The PlayerInput issue is very annoying. Has anyone found any workarounds? Commenting out lines 442 and 443 in PlayerInputEditor.cs allows me to see the name of the action maps. @Rene-Damm is this being looked at?

6. transat

transat

Reverting to 0.95 fixes the issue but there is another one instead... I can't see my public methods unless i ditch the callback context...

7. Noname1122

Noname1122

Yeah, if it helps, I'd like to second this issue. Upon updating, none of my input events appear to be firing, across the whole game. Confirmed, I too don't see any of my configured callbacks under Player Input > Events > Player anymore, and none of them are firing.

I am getting the same exception as above as well. I'll be reverting for now, but looking forward to guidance.
    Thanks! :)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  8. ProvencalG

ProvencalG

I had to revert also because I was using Invoke Unity Events...

9. jweidenbach

jweidenbach

I'm seeing this as well. As much as I love what I'm seeing with the new system, I've switched over to a custom lowlevel C++ native system (based on Windows.Input.Gaming/XInput/RawInput) for now, too many breaking changes over the last few months when I thought I'd handled input (unless a fix comes out for this before I've got the custom system finished/integrated within the next week or so -- as I am also relying on new ECS stuff for our current project). With that said, I'm really impressed with the direction and look of the new system, should be really solid for our next game.

10. jonas-echterhoff

jonas-echterhoff

Unity Technologies

The NullReferenceExceptions in PlayerInputEditor.OnActionAssetChange will be fixed in the next release.

Laicasaane likes this.