Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback [0.7.4] Addressable Profiler goes blank after entering play mode

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by bitinn, Apr 28, 2019.

1. bitinn

bitinn

I am on macOS 10.14.4 with Unity 2018.3.14f1, the Addressable Profiler simply stop displaying when editor enters play mode.

There is no error printed in console. And the UI doesn't always recover after we exit play mode. Trying to dock and undock it, close and reopen the panel, or even restart Unity, none of these reliably fix this issue.

Screen Shot 2019-04-28 at 14.25.30.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-28 at 14.11.32.png

2. unity_bill

unity_bill

This should be fixed in 0.7.5-preview. If it is not, please let us know.

bitinn likes this.
  3. ahmed_decoy

ahmed_decoy

Not sure if I'm seeing exact same issue in 0.7.5 for 2018.3.12f.

But my window looks similar to the first image in the initial post on the very first time I open the Addressable Profiler before I hit play. I'm in virtual mode, with 1 addressable scene asset to test. I load this scene (additive) right in the beginning of my game to test. Scene loads but not seeing anything in the Addressable Profiler window. Is this expected behavior in Virtual Mode?

The reason why I'm curious if its the same issue, is after I exit play, my window never has those 4 Asset items in the first image as it did when I initially opened it. After hitting play that first time, my window is only displays this, even if I restart unity.

I double checked and I definitely have Send Profiler Events enabled

upload_2019-5-5_10-40-1.png

4. unity_bill

unity_bill

I'm a little confused. It looks like your screenshot when you first open it. Then what happens after you hit play? In virtual mode, it should start showing graphs of information.

Of note, in the latest 0.8 release, we changed exactly what was being reported.

-Bill

5. ahmed_decoy

ahmed_decoy

Im on the latest version, this is what it looks like after hitting play in Packed Mode

upload_2019-5-15_9-36-5.png

6. KB73

KB73

Hey Bill, just a few comments.

There is definitely something screwy going on with the profiler under 2019.2.5 - things don't start recording properly, have to click around a lot to get the profiler to update, clicking on the graph, pauses the editor. The event log at the bottom is very hit and miss, sometimes i see some text sometimes a brief log appears then disappears.
    Also the ref count number is very hard to read ( i am colour blind so i'm not sure if that is the reason )..

We're on the latest version 1.2.2 of addressables

thanks

7. ValdenaireAlexandre

ValdenaireAlexandre

Hi,

We had the same problem. Found out that when we hit play, the s_Collector in DiagnosticEventCollector.cs is not created until the first event, so the profiler window call to RegisterEventHandler fail. If you close/reopen window or hit "Clear", it can then register correctly. To enable directly the profiler, we changed in EventViewerWindow.cs this :

Code (CSharp):
    1.         private void RegisterEventHandler(bool reg)
    2.         {
    3.             DiagnosticEventCollector.RegisterEventHandler(OnEditorPlayModeEvent, reg, EditorApplication.isPlaying);
    4.         }
    Tested on v1.2.3, Unity 2018.4.3f1

pahe and KB73 like this.