Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug [0.51] Build Configuration failed to add component

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by optimise, Jun 17, 2022.

1. optimise

optimise

@elliotc-unity Build Configuration no longer able to select component to add. It keep stuck at first window and never able to switch to another window when select any option. Not really sure but seems like it's core engine ui toolkit bug.

upload_2022-6-17_9-16-59.png

2. Chan_Lane

Chan_Lane

Its a UI bug for sure, I was having the same problem. go to your default view and then make a selection on the build confid and click to a different folder or asset and then click back and it should pop up

3. optimise

optimise

@elliotc-unity I would like to know this bug needs to fix at core unity engine or platform package?

4. elliotc-unity

elliotc-unity

Unity Technologies

No idea. I assume it has to do with com.unity.properties becoming a core unity module, but I don't know which side the fix is best done on. Hopefully will find out when people are back tomorrow.

5. uDamian

uDamian

Unity Technologies

Bug is now being looked at by the right team. We'll keep you posted.

Harry-Wells, optimise and thelebaron like this.
  6. optimise

optimise

There's also other bugs that most of the dots related windows failed to highlight selected item properly like select entity at dots hierarchy window doesn't highlight selected entity properly, select system at systems window doesn't highlight selected system properly and Archetypes windows doesn't highlight selected archtype.

7. AlexHolderDev

AlexHolderDev

I'm also encountering this bug - do you need any additional info, @uDamian ?

Windows 11
    Unity 2021.3.5f1
    Entities 0.51.0-preview.32
    Platforms 0.51.0-preview.31

It wasn't mentioned in the OP, but this bug seems to also impact the component's search menu. So you can't click through to find components, and you can't search to find components.

The workaround mentioned by Chan_Lane had no impact on the bug for me.

8. uDamian

uDamian

Unity Technologies

This is being tracked now too. It was fixed a while back in 1.0, but we didn't manage to backport it to 0.51 before it went out. We'll get this fixed.

AlexHolderDev and optimise like this.
  9. optimise

optimise

Awesome. Btw for the platform package, can u make sure these 2 issues about platform package will be fixed at both dots 0.51 and dots 1.0 release? Case 1415919
    1) https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...-minor-versions-in-0-dot-50-platforms-version
    2) https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...tion-does-not-have-an-option-to-run-the-build

Another question I would like to ask. From want I know since there's not plan to restore Android platform updates yet and I will need to port myself to dots 1.0 release, I would like to know how much code changes at platform package 1.0 compares with 0.51?

10. uDamian

uDamian

Unity Technologies

This is getting a bit far from the original thread topic. I suggest starting a new thread for your questions.

This is also a different team's remit, but they are aware the cases you mentioned. Can't say when and how they will be addressed at this point.

optimise likes this.
  11. uDamian

uDamian

Unity Technologies

The fix for this was merged and will be available in the next drop of 0.51. Not exactly sure when that will come out but should be relatively soon.

12. optimise

optimise

Awesome. Btw how about add component to build configuration issue? Any new progress?

13. uDamian

uDamian

Unity Technologies

Yes, this was also fixed and merged. It should be in the next 0.51 drop.

bb8_1 and optimise like this.
  14. AlexHolderDev

AlexHolderDev

Some new behaviour on this error at least: if I double-click through the broken build config component menu super super fast, I can add a random (probably not random but still unknown) component to the build config! ...Yay?

Until the next 0.51 drop occurs, I've been leaning on sample build configs from the ECS Samples. Sharing in case it helps anyone else still stumped by this error:

https://github.com/Unity-Technologi.../master/ECSSamples/Assets/BuildConfigurations

Obviously not ideal for making sure your build is as great as can be, but it's usable for quick build tests.

15. AlexHolderDev

AlexHolderDev

Happy to confirm this is fixed for me!

I upgraded the Hybrid Renderer package (and thus its dependencies such as Entities, Platforms) to 0.51.1-preview.21 and now I can navigate the component menu in a build config and add components to build configs as intended.

uDamian likes this.