Search Unity

[0.5.0] The name 'graphWindow' does not exist in the current context

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by jeremies_unity, Dec 5, 2018.

1. jeremies_unity

jeremies_unity

I got these errors when I upgraded from 0.4.8 to 0.5.0:

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.addressables@0.5.0-preview\Editor\Build\DataBuilders\NodeGraph\BuildGraphGUI.cs(279,90): error CS0103: The name 'graphWindow' does not exist in the current context

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.addressables@0.5.0-preview\Editor\Build\DataBuilders\NodeGraph\BuildGraphGUI.cs(279,134): error CS0103: The name 'graphWindow' does not exist in the current context

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.addressables@0.5.0-preview\Editor\Settings\AddressableAssetBuildSettings.cs(25,26): error CS0103: The name 'm_Compression' does not exist in the current context

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.addressables@0.5.0-preview\Editor\Settings\AddressableAssetBuildSettings.cs(28,17): error CS0103: The name 'm_Compression' does not exist in the current context

2. unity_bill

unity_bill

As stated multiple times on this forum, users should not change their package manager settings to point to an alternate server. We post untested packages to an alternate server so we can test them. Once it is tested, fixed, and ready for release, the stable version is promoted to the production server. It is unfortunately possible to get at these untested packages, but that is a bad idea.
    so please stop trying Addressables before we actually promote it. See https://forum.unity.com/threads/release-announcements-and-notes.543537/ for when the release actually happens.

-Bill

3. jeremies_unity

jeremies_unity

Sorry about that, I'll remember next time.

4. unity_bill

unity_bill

I realize I may have sounded harsh in that response, and I did not intend to. I am sure you were not maliciously trying out our package early.

I have also learned that there are some occasions that people get into this situation somewhat accidentally. There have been a couple packages that suggested people should load from the non-production server. Since you can't set server per-package (only per-project), some people have gotten stuck. Ideally our test server wouldn't even be public. It's an awkward setup.

In any case, thanks for using the system. I really do appreciate feedback on any issues that pop up, just not until they pop up on the somewhat-stable production server.

-Bill

5. jeremies_unity

jeremies_unity

Yes that's why the test version popped up in my package manager, I needed the "staging" registry for other packages.

I understand how it might be frustrating for you guys to always see the same issues caused by improper use of the package, so no worries :)