Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback [0.20] Subscene hidden from whole scene when it not in edit state, and make unity play state frozen

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by Thaina, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Thaina

Thaina

Using unity 2020.1.0a16 with Tiny3D floating island demo. When the scene is opened the subscene object was not in state of edit

upload_2019-12-17_11-56-42.png

And that make the edit mode of the scene become empty. Not only that, I could not hit play. It will freeze whole unity and need to end task

It need to hit that edit button to make it shown, while I don't actually want to edit, just want it to be displayed

upload_2019-12-17_11-57-50.png

But in this state, I can hit play button and that would work normally

2. gwenaelle_unity

gwenaelle_unity

Unity Technologies

Use instead Unity 2019.3.0f1, the minimum version required, we have not tested yet with the most recent Unity alpha version. With Unity 2019.3, you don't need to open the subscene to have the game running in hybrid (hit play) or dots runtime (build & run from a build settings)

3. v_vuk

v_vuk

Unity Technologies

Is the hybrid rendering package installed? It's not by default in the TinySamples, which means that nothing will get rendered in the editor when a subscene is in memory just as DOTS data. It has to be opened for editing as GameObjects.

4. Thaina

Thaina

Sorry and thank you. After package was updated recently I don't see this problem anymore