Search Unity

0.17 License Server Return Unknown Error

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Ferazel, May 23, 2018.

1. Ferazel

Ferazel

I upgraded to 0.17 from 0.16 on MacOS 13.4.

Asked me to authenticate. After logging in, it asked me to authorize my serial. I enter my serial, it spins, and I received the error "License server return unknown error. Please contact support@unity3d.com" and I can't proceed further.

I figure it's a problem with the new version of the Unity hub pointing to the wrong server? Also the english on that error is a little weird.

2. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hello,

Sorry to hear about your license issue. Could you confirm the problem is still present? I feel this might be related to license server issues we've encountered recently. Otherwise, if you could send me your logs via direct message I could also have a look and investigate.

Thanks,

3. Ferazel

Ferazel

Yes, after a day it seems to have figured itself out. Thanks for the reply.

AbrahamDUnity likes this.
  4. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

still present on mac os with 0.17

GregMcM likes this.
  5. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

@Tiny-Tree Could you send me your logs via direct messages?

6. GregMcM

GregMcM

Hello, I just updated to Hub 0.17 from 0.16 on Mac OS 10.13.3 hoping this problem would be fixed, but no.

When I open Hub, it says:
    Machine identification is invalid for current license. And, has two buttons: Quit and Re-Activate
    I click on Re-Activate and it sends me to a License management page which asks me for either a Unity Plus or Pro serial or a Personal.
    I enter my Plus serial, the number validates and I hit Next... a progress bar goes across and a few screens show (something and Activate) and then just comes back to this License management page with no errors or explanations.

If you want any log files from me, which ones do you want?

7. rmb303

rmb303

I managed to correct this issue on a Mac, by quitting the Hub and opening Unity manually.
    After inputting my license in Unity, I quit it, and then the Hub seemed to be happy with the user account when re-opened.
    Hope this works for other Mac users.

GregMcM likes this.