Search Unity

0.17 Fails to properly download Collab projects

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by spacesharkstudios, May 22, 2018.

1. spacesharkstudios

spacesharkstudios

I just had to delete/re-download a project because 2018.1 didn't agree with it and for some reason I couldn't just re-load it back up in 2017.4 (may have been Hub related)

After deleting, I tried to download it again, but Hub would fail to properly download the Collab project. When assigning the folder to download the project to, it would instead make a new project using the name of the root folder, e.g. if I saved it to "Games/", I would end up with a new project named "Games (1)/" in the same folder.

Had no issues before upgrading to 0.17. To fix I just went back to opening the project the old fashioned way straight from the editor exe. Hope this helps someone while they fix this/these.

2. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hi,

This issue seems unusual. Could you send me your logs via direct message? I'll have a look and see if there's something we can do.

Logs path:
    Windows: %UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\UnityHub\logs
    OSX: ~/Library/Application support/UnityHub/logs

3. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hi,

There's been some issues with cloud projects in the latest version. The fix will be released soon (either in a patch or in the next release). Until then this feature is unfortunately out of order. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,

4. tomglenn

tomglenn

Experiencing the same issue. Workaround is to download your Collab project using the standard Unity Launcher for now it seems. Looking forward to a fix for this though.

5. charlesb_rm

charlesb_rm

We just released 0.17.1 which should address the problem. Sorry for the trouble.