Search Unity

Question 0.11.0: "missing Locales have been added to the project"

Discussion in 'Localization Tools' started by Peter77, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Updating the Localization package from 0.10.0 to 0.11.0 causes Unity to display the following error with our project:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. The following missing Locales have been added to the project because they are used by the Collection texts:
    2. German(de)
    3. English(en)
    4. Russian(ru)
    We do have these locales in our project already, but Unity magically created the same locales with new names and updated the Locale references in all Tables.

This issue did not occur after updating the Localization package immediately. For the issue to occur I need to rebuild the library (delete library) or clone the project to an empty directory and then open it in Unity. It also creates a bunch of new Localization assets in this case.

What could cause this issue? How can I fix it?

upload_2021-4-11_16-44-6.png

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
  2. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Hmm I think it's a bug. When we import a collection and a locale does not exist then we create the locale for the project. It's so you can import collections into projects however it seems to not find the locales. We do have a bug for it at the moment although I think it was introduced in 0.10.0

3. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

4. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

No this time is not addressables ;)
    I think the way we check for the locales is probably wrong.
    Although that is done through addressables so that could be the problem. Maybe we should use the assetdatabase here... I'll have to take a closer look.

Peter77 likes this.