Search Unity

MeshBrush - Showcase - How have you been using it?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by GlitchedPolygons, Jun 26, 2016.

1. GlitchedPolygons

GlitchedPolygons

Greetings devs,

it's been three years since the first release of my Unity asset MeshBrush and a lot of stuff has changed since the early versions. Here's a small comparison:

This is what the early prototype (formerly called MeshPaint) looked like in 2014:

And now, MeshBrush V1.9 looks like this:

Incredible! And all this thanks to you people, who always encouraged me to make this tool better and better over time with your honest feedback and requests. An average rating of 5 stars? Thank you guys! Thanks so much :D I am really happy this tool has been of great help to many developers out there.

And the more people gave me feedback, the more I got curious... How is my tool being used? What have developers been able to create with MeshBrush? I heard of one guy who was painting sound effects and particles in his scene; I shrugged... but yeah, I mean... There's many ways one can use this, as I could notice that day. I am always happy to see how what I initially created out of my own personal needs evolved into what MeshBrush is today. Though that level of above mentioned versatility shocked me (in a positive way, don't get me wrong!), I'm sure there have also been many other more "standard" usages of this piece of software.

And, without any further ado, I'd love to see them. What have you developers been creating with MeshBrush? Post your interesting pictures, experiences and feedback below :)

You can censor out the stuff you wanna keep private. And as always: if you have any questions regarding MeshBrush, constructive feedback, requests or bug reports, feel free to contact me via email or post them into the forum thread. I always read and answer asap.

Cheers, and have a great summer!

Raphael Beck

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  2. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

I have just found this asset and have seen the video, and it looks very good, interesting and useful, I am surprised that ere is only one post on this thread of this asset

Congratulations for the great update and evolution of the asset to make it so much better

GlitchedPolygons likes this.
  3. GlitchedPolygons

GlitchedPolygons