Search Unity

(JTS) The Samurai Sword

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by chingwa, Aug 4, 2016.

1. chingwa

chingwa

The Samurai Sword (Japanese Tradition Series)
    This pack contains over 15 highly detailed and unique historical samurai weapons, including multiple variants of the standard Katana sword. Each bladed weapon Is also fitted with it's own Saya / Scabbard.

Each model contains 2 Automatic LOD levels (high-poly, lo-poly), and a custom Unity 5 PBR shader to maximize the surface properties of each material. Most materials are interchangeable and can be used on other models for maximum variability. Each weapon is setup with collider primitives and appropriate rigidbody by default, for immediate use with Unity's physics system.

Try the Demo!

Available Now on:
    Unity Asset Store ver 1.3

TanukiDigital.com ver 1.3

Download free Wakizashi sample sword!

WHAT'S INCLUDED:

-------------------------
    INCLUDED FEATURES:

Included Models:

Katana (Generic) I
    Katana (Generic) II
    Katana (Ko)
    Katana (Mokko style)
    Katana (Musashi style)
    Katana (Keiun style)
    Katana (Shirasaya style)
    Katana (Rusted)
    Tanto
    Tanto (Ko) I
    Tanto (Ko) II
    Wakizashi
    Nodachi
    Bokuto (Bokken)
    Shinai
    Nagamaki

Tachi (New in Version 1.2!)
    Individual Katana Parts (New in Version 1.1!)

Triangle Count (varies):

LOD0: approx. 1100 triangles
    LOD1: approx. 230 triangles

Texture Resolution

Sword: 2048 x 2048
    Saya: 1024 x 1024

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    mgear, radimoto, TeagansDad and 3 others like this.
  2. chingwa

chingwa

The Samurai Sword pack has been submitted to the asset store this morning. For those interested, I expect it to be available on the asset store sometime early next week. I'll keep everyone updated of course :)

3. chingwa

chingwa

4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Awesome work, Masamune would be proud!

chingwa likes this.
  5. chingwa

chingwa

HA! Thanks Hippo, much appreciated!

6. chingwa

chingwa

NOTE: For some unknown reason all my websites went offline this morning. :( Tech Support is currently looking into the issue. To anyone who is interested in checking out the demos of my assets everything should hopefully be back up soon!

EDIT: Nevermind, everything is working again! :)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  7. chingwa

chingwa

I'd like to give a big thanks to everyone who's purchased so far! Once you guys have had enough time to evaluate the sword pack I would much appreciate positive ratings and reviews, they really help a lot! :)

8. chingwa

chingwa

9. chingwa

chingwa

Hi Everyone,

To celebrate the first month on the asset store I'm running a small promotion over on Twitter and giving away 5 Samurai Sword download vouchers. Promotion runs from today Sep. 6 to Saturday Sep. 10th. If you're interested then head over to the Twitter post, Follow and Retweet for your chance to win! I'll be selecting a winner at random at the end of each day.

https://twitter.com/tanukidigital/status/773245008698802176

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
    Bagnol likes this.
  10. Bagnol

Bagnol

I just put a couple of these into a natural setting scene and I must say, I'm very impressed. These are some great looking swords :cool:

11. chingwa

chingwa

Thanks Bagnol!

12. chingwa

chingwa

13. chingwa

chingwa

The Twitter promotion is over. As it turns out Twitter is (mostly) just filled with people that I highly suspect to not be real people. In any case, I have one free voucher left. The first person to respond here gets it. :)

14. unicat

unicat

I am the first one :)

15. chingwa

chingwa

Yes you are. PM sent. :)

16. unicat

unicat

Thank You :)

17. SureSight

SureSight

I am making a samurai game with customisable swords that the player can asseble from parts.

Have you considered adding an option or an entirely different asset with modular pieces?
    • Blade
    • Guard
    • Hilt

18. chingwa

chingwa

@SureSight Hmm... I have the modular parts available, as I modeled them all separately to begin with. I hadn't really considered adding them to the package though, thinking most people wouldn't need them as separate objects (and I did some small optimizations by fusing them together). But it seems like a good idea to include modular pieces... I'll add this and post an update later this week. :)

19. SureSight

SureSight

Perfect! Thanks so much!

20. SureSight

SureSight

Is there a estimated date this will be available? I'm hovering over the "Purchase" button :)

21. chingwa

chingwa

@SureSight Sorry about the delay. I've submitted the update to the asset store, but I hear they are pretty back-logged so I'm not sure how long it will take them to approve the new version.

Alternatively I have the new update available on my website too... anyone who purchases on the Asset Store can register and get download access to the files on my site as well, and there's no approval delay. Registration is available here: http://tanukidigital.com/jts_thesamuraisword/index.php?register=1

22. chingwa

chingwa

Hello All,

I'm happy to announce that The Samurai Sword version 1.1 is now ready for download...

Download Here: http://www.tanukidigital.com/download
    Also Available on the Asset Store: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/68373

As always, let me know if you have problems/questions/feedback etc, either by email or on the forums!

All the best,
    Justin Kellis
    Tanuki Digital

------------------------------------------
    RELEASE NOTES - Version 1.1
    ------------------------------------------
    - Added individual models for separate sword parts and pieces.
    - Slightly modified Katana Ko Texture files.

23. SureSight

SureSight

Thanks for taking the time to update the pack. Just what I needed.

Now to build a system that assembles them :)

24. chingwa

chingwa

Hello All,

I'm happy to announce that 'The Samurai Sword' version 1.2 is now ready for download...

This update includes a new Sword Addition: Tachi!

The Tachi was the main personal weapon for battle and it’s origins can be traced back to the very beginnings of the Samurai class. The blade was longer in length than later swords with a tapered blade and more severe curvature, making it lighter and easier to wield from horseback. The Tachi was worn on a band hanging from the hip with the curved edge facing downward.

This release includes a custom model that reflects the particular differences in the Tachi sword, as well as a new custom material and textures specific for this sword.

As always, let me know if you have problems/questions/feedback etc, either by email or on the forums!

All the best,
    Justin Kellis
    Tanuki Digital

-------------------------------
    RELEASE NOTES - Version 1.2
    - Added new Sword model 'Tachi' and corresponding textures.

25. chingwa

chingwa

26. chingwa

chingwa

Hello All,

I'm happy to announce that 'The Samurai Sword' version 1.3 is now ready for download...

This is a minor release that adds new Katana and Wakizashi model options which have the "bo-hi" groove modeled in the geometry, rather than just being rendered in the texture. This might be a minor detailed when viewed from far away but adds to the realism when viewing the katana up close.

All the best,
    Justin Kellis
    Tanuki Digital

RELEASE NOTES - Version 1.3
    - Added Version of Katana and Wakizashi with modelled "bo-hi" groove detail.

27. chingwa

chingwa

28. chingwa

chingwa

I've just uploaded a FREE Sample sword (Wakizashi) from this pack. This should give those interested a good representation of the quality they will get with the full paid package. Enjoy!

Download free Wakizashi sample sword!

hippocoder likes this.
  29. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Perfect for people making a Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice style game - top quality :)

chingwa likes this.
  30. chingwa

chingwa

hippocoder likes this.
  31. SWORO

SWORO

does it look thiiccc

32. herschellegibbs0048

herschellegibbs0048

The things that make a good authentic samurai swords is the steel type used for the blade and its tang. For the type of steel, this depends on where you will use it. For cutting soft targets, you can choose 1060 carbon steel. For cutting harder targets, you can choose from 1095 carbon steel, T10 Tool Steel, or 9260 spring steel.

33. chingwa

chingwa

These swords were produced using the finest sand-iron pixels available, mined from deep in the Shimane mountains. The pixels have been folded over and over to a form thousands of minute micro-pixel crystal layers which give these swords their intense strength.